NEW YORK | 677-681 Lexington Ave | 218 FT | 17 FLOORS

I’ve always wondered when this crappy site would be redeveloped!

It’s across the street from the site owned by the Turkish developer.

1 Like

1 Like

The Marmara hotel site across the street remains empty, This stretch of Lex needs work!

1 Like
1 Like

Senior housing?? These seniors would probably have a net worth of $5m + or something. Lol

I was hoping for something considerable height wise, but glad that POS going and will be replaced.

1 Like

I wonder if they got the little brown PoS to the north. It was for sale too.

1 Like

They did get both of the pieces of shi…

2 Likes

is planning to charge a stratospheric $20,000 per month or more for rooms at its planned 15-story center at 56th Street and Lexington Avenue in Midtown, the company’s CEO Thomas DeRosa told Bloomberg.

The company – along with its partner, Houston-based developer Hines – is planning to target New York’s wealthiest aged and infirmed residents.

“You take someone who’s lived at 88th and Park their entire life and you, all of a sudden, say I’m moving you to New Canaan, Connecticut,” DeRosa told the news service. “Because that’s the closest assisted-living facility I can get you into — that is unacceptable. You will kill that person.”

The partners purchased the two-parcel property at 139 East 56th Street for $115 million last month. The sellers were Stephen Meringoff and Dennis Riese. The site is currently home to a T.G.I Friday’s restaurant, which is scheduled to be demolished next year.

1 Like

This looks great!

4 Likes

Wow !

2 Likes

Not bad! Not bad at all!

It’s a classic building that fits that mirrors old New York.

I wa expecting a taller building, but it’s a nice design and will fit perfectly.

They said early on that it would be only about 15 floors. I’d prefer old-style buildings like this along the avenues over taller glass boxes. I would have much preferred this over the PoS planned for 281 5th.

2 Likes

Yea, I totally agree with you. You can never go wrong with a classic design for a new development IMO.

Good news, That TGIF POS days in the human world is limited.

The developers have acquired demolition permits to move forward with the senior luxury housing project

2 Likes

I wonder when this will be demolished. The old TGI Friday’s building is still up.

1 Like

That’s a really beautiful building!

4 Likes

6 Likes