NEW YORK | 656 Lexington Ave (133 East 55th Street) | 226 FT | 21 FLOORS

„ Cushman & Wakefield announced the sale of 656-660 Lexington Avenue, a corner development site that totals 52,900 buildable square feet. The final sale price was $24,000,000, equating to $452 per buildable square foot.

Cushman & Wakefield’s Will Conrad and Damani Strasner represented the seller. Sergey Rybak of Rybak Development acquired the asset.

“656-660 Lexington Avenue is a prime corner development site in Midtown Manhattan,” said Conrad. “This is one of the first major development site deals in the area since the beginning of the pandemic, a sign that developers are still betting on New York City and are confident in its rebound.”

Located on the northwest corner of Lexington Avenue and East 55th Street, 656-660 Lexington Avenue is zoned C5-2.5, allowing for commercial office or hotel development, along with mixed-use commercial and residential development. The site is currently improved by an 8,821-square-foot retail building.“

https://rew-online.com/ryback-acquires-midtown-development-site/

4 Likes

This piece of junk can’t come down soon enough.

“Mr. Gorbachev: Tear down this [garbage]!”

https://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByNumberServlet?requestid=2&passjobnumber=123908094&passdocnumber=01

4 Likes

With 126 east 57th getting developed, this would need to be next to really fix up that area of Lex. Seems like no movement on this yet

I walked by earlier today, and what I noticed is that the store on the corner is going out of business. Maybe that means demolition will follow in due course.

6 Likes

That’s a nice Christmas present! I’ve wanted this garbage to come down for decades.

3 Likes

This vile bile is boarded up and ready for demo.

The rest of the block is beautiful.

Afraz

This hideous thing can’t come down soon enough.

2 Likes

Looks like New Building applications were pre-filed in November for a 226’ tall 21 story, 23 unit residential building. Zproekt is the architect.

5 Likes

Fantastic!

They did this project on UES.

3 Likes

Wasting no time! They were throwing everything inside, into a garbage truck today.

6 Likes

Praise the Lawd!

1 Like

This is a low-rise project

Your point is? Also, this is considered a high-rise.

But the building on the rendering has only 8 floors.

That’s not a render of this project, that’s a render of another project that the firm working on this project has done.

Earlier today

4 Likes

I’m happy to see this junk go.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Praise the lord!!

3 Likes

Earlier today

10 Likes

This may also be referred to as 133 East 55th Street.

6 Likes