NEW YORK | 45 Broad St | 1,039 FT | 68 FLOORS (ON HOLD)

More confirmation that it’s on hold

Kinda upset, but we have been so spoiled with supertalls, and we got a new generation of them coming up soon

4 Likes

“Initially planned to reach 1,115 feet (340 metres), 45 Broad Street will now reach a lower height when construction resumes…
…45 Broad Street’s new height still places the tower in the supertall category”

No

2 Likes

bad reporting going on. The original source, Therealdeal, cited DOB filings, which almost never indicates the total height but rather the highest occupied space. The 1200’ figure was from the CTBUH. Dezeen is regurgitating info from the article by TRD and making up that the FAA chopped the height. 1 and 2 WTC are a half mile away, and nothing has been filied with the FAA for 45 Broad in the past year, what?

If it does end up shorter then it does. But there hasn’t been anything solid yet other than this tower is delayed. I wouldn’t be surprised, but nothing to go by as of yet.

the last FAA filing is over a year old! Form 7460-1 for ASN 2018-AEA-11011-OE

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0O4xCjHMgk/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc1AdbZl2Y4/

13 Likes

Don’t see this rising for at least another 5 years, I could be wrong. The demand is not there and NYC is experiencing a sort of exodus of people at the moment.

6 Likes

I think 45 Broad will initiate construction within the next two years, in the next up-cycle. The economy will recover, obviously.The current downturn is entirely pandemic-related, and global in nature, not limited to NYC or the financial district. There will be a pool of buyers for small, high-end condo units in the financial district.

5 Likes

From my 3D model of NYC:

23 Likes

Is this still being built? Haven’t heard anything about this in a long time.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Security Light Blue by Florin C, on Flickr

11 Likes

Look at the cute little pup standing by the green construction barrier; surrounded by fences, concrete towers and kept on a short leash.

That lot, and many like it in NYC, will remain vacant for yeas to come in this current market for sure. We need to turn those spaces into ‘temporary’ dog runs: minimal, low cost but attractive.

The park would be open and full of light and air, and looking lovely; and be of some use to people and pets. That would be a win-win for everyone: particularly the pups. :wink:

5 Likes

If everyone cleaned up their dog shit.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Do you think this will ever be built? If so, with or without a design change?

I’m sure something will eventually be built here, it’s too prime a spot to sit empty for long. However I am willing to bet the design we have seen is NOT what will be built. Some other developer will most likely take control of the site with a new design of their own.

3 Likes

I’m a little surprised they didn’t stick a one or two floor taxpayer there in the meantime.

does anyone know the occupancy rate at 55 Broad? This bit of news made me think about it. 42k sqft is roughly 10% of the building.

The company took the entirety of the 42nd and 43rd floors in the 53-story Financial District building, where it signed a 12-year deal with S&P Global . It will leave its current, 42,000-square-foot space nearby at Rudin Management ’s 55 Broad Street for 55 Water in early 2022, according to its broker

2 Likes

Any updates with this gem?.. I feel like it’s flunked…

Sad, was a really good design. I hope it is resurrected.

2 Likes

The title is wrong I believe. It should be 1,200 ft

Per NYguy:

A renewal underway for the special permit (subway bonus) that was approved for this tower. I believe they get to renew it twice before it expires. One thing about this permit, it didn’t affect the height of the tower.

Quote:
Project Brief:

The first renewal of a special permit (C 180063 ZSM) that granted a FAR bonus in connection with subway improvements for a building located at 45 Broad Street, Community District 1, Manhattan

They still seem intent on building this. I’m all for it, the design is great

6 Likes