NEW YORK | 4 Hudson Square - Disney/ABC | 338 FT | 22 FLOORS

4 Hudson on the left or near the lightning.

Credit: GaryHershorn

9 Likes

Disney’s blockbuster

11 Likes

Peeking

9 Likes

Terrazzo is here:

10 Likes

Looking good!

I like the facade of the building and the base. But the color differences in the base panels are a bit off putting. I hope it is just a matter of dirt or that time will cure the issue.

I have the same concern - the color variation is very noticeable - Hard to tell if it is the actual material or just plain dirt.

There may be some “finishing” that happens to the terrazzo after it’s all installed that will bring out the color.

1 Like

8 Likes

Love how this project is turning out. A lot of foot traffic in the neighborhood as well during a weekday.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Looks real classy now that more of the base is up. Continuing promise that a really good building is being constructed.

3 Likes

The terracotta looks great in the sun

9 Likes

Tasteful, refined, understated elegance. The subtle beauty of those thick, heavy tera cotta window frame sections really come to life when viewed at close range from the street. This is a ‘classy’ design: Architecture with a capital “A” all the way… :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Should have been 200-300 feet taller.

1 Like

Not everything has to be tall. This building fits the client’s needs. The design is very good. It fits well in the neighborhood. It’s the right building in the right spot. Let’s just enjoy another great addition to the fabric of the city.

10 Likes

Anybody know what the FAR is around there?

Air rights are pretty meaningless as there is a legislated height limit of around 285ft minus mechanicals, with a few exceptions like this one.

Expect almost every single new development to be roughly that 285ft height. That FC post has a good photo that shows all the new developments and the skyline plateau being formed.

6 Likes

The terrazzo at the base is almost done.

15 Likes