NEW YORK | 2 Hudson Square | 465 FT | 26 FLOORS

13 Likes

Very nice!

5 Likes

I’m guessing this is one of the sites that were designated for extra height in the rezoning. I know there were a number of them (that can probably be counted on one hand) This looks great. YIMBY has been killing it with these recent reveals.

6 Likes

SOM and Solow should take note on how a dark, blackish facade should be done…

This looks really great, what a great addition for the area. How close is this to the Disney HQ?

1 Like

It’s very close to the Disney HQ, which also isn’t far from Google’s new building on the West Side Highway. This area is really transforming.

2 Likes

which building is Disney in?

1 Like

Disney will be on the full block between Hudson and Varick – just up from this site.

1 Like

Why does the base seem more polished than the tower, which looks like an afterthought?

1 Like

The base section is adorned with terra-cotta facade panels: above that are more typical type metal channels framing the windows. I like the sparing uses of the terra-cotta; it is much more costly in both material and installation than the rest of the building above the base - this is a smart use of that material. This design is practical, functional, cost effective and it manages to do all that without looking ‘caca’ - which isn’t easy.

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes