4 Likes

Green paneling

Street level view

14 Likes

I like that green.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I think the 3-wide panes of terracotta at the base are a bit much. It messes with the cohesion of the facade and it comes across as oppressive when viewed from the pedestrian realm. But that’s my only complaint.

Michael Young

Michael Young

7 Likes

Michael–You might be right. But if the base is more open and airy it might turn the threesomes into something like a base. And that might not be bad. Wait and see?

1 Like

Knowing Disney they want it to look oppressive.

2 Likes

Agreed. The renderings show fewer threesomes and more glass on the first floor (skipping every other one) and open at the corner. Combined with the second level, it does read as a base.

1 Like

The renderings also show they’re not terracotta but terrazzo at the base. Let’s see how the final product turns out.

1 Like

I don’t see the 3 width terracotta as being too much because it follows the order of the facade with the higher floors of each mass being 1 terracotta wide and the intermediate being 2 terracotta wide. It establishes a base before the actual base floor to easily transition into it considering, like others have mentioned, that the first floor skips every other 3 width piece and is a different material. If the actual first floor had the same treatment of the 2nd floor, then it would be overwhelming.

2 Likes

The terrazzo at ground level is really superb. Excellent material/ design choice.

4 Likes

that will really look stunning.

2 Likes

ABC in particular does very good architecture.

1 Like

12 Likes

From a distance I am not impressed.

8 Likes

7 Likes

photo by Tony Cenicola/The New York Times

6 Likes