NEW YORK | 262 Fifth Ave | 860 FT | 60 FLOORS

Credit: New York City LIVE Manhattan on Half Manhattanhenge 2024 (May 28, 2024)

12 Likes

A truss has been installed across the opening
(Sorry for the potato quality)

13 Likes

A fortnight ago today.

Pic by Mulan M.

10 Likes

As @TKDV mentioned, it appears we have begun enclosing the top:

13 Likes

20 Likes

They started putting on the plenum walls that are behind the outer facade layer for the first intermediate mech floor.

20 Likes

Some better photos from today, the 2 middle trusses will be 2x deeper than the end trusses, and that explains why the top of the opening is designed as it is (with a deep curved surface, if that is still in play), this could be to support the weight of a BMU ontop of the crown, if the building will have one. makes me wonder where any cooling tower units or water towers are though.

21 Likes

From 6.1.24:

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

17 Likes

The textured panels is interesting but really wish it was limited to one or two sides instead of covering everything that’s not glass. Is this paneling going to clad the roof void feature at the top?

All the previous older renders showed it as being clad in a slightly more reflective metal than the rest of the metal cladding that was shown so its possible it could still be clad in something else other than the extrusions but I dont think it will be on the interior surfaces of the opening, those have always been shown to be highly reflective so that may be stainless steel. Who knows though :man_shrugging:t2: everything’s a toss with this one…

2 Likes

Right, like tossing your cookies… :face_vomiting:

17 Likes

kambarian_photography

16 Likes

Yes, it is a toss up. This one has gone through a lot of changes since the original renderings were released. Here is the perfect musical lyric, and great classic song, for this building: “I can change”.

It is a ‘bitter sweet symphony’… The brash (pushy) demeanor of the singer fit perfectly with the bravado of this fantastic new architectural addition to the NYC skyline. Enjoy. :grin:

12 Likes

On one hand, tossing may be a drawback w/negative connotations, but on the other hand…

Cladding update

18 Likes

19 Likes

The glass looks pretty good.

3 Likes

Corner window

Close up of the aluminum “shingles”

19 Likes