NEW YORK | 262 Fifth Ave | 860 FT | 60 FLOORS

I’d like to see it shrink further.

4 Likes

Will this POS still have that stupid “crown”?

1 Like

Afaik, yeah the weird rectangular opening is still there.

That sucks!

2 Likes

I don’t mind the crown. I have nightmares about what an 850’ vertical cliff is aluminum will look like. I don’t know why they can’t cover the concrete with reflective glass.

1 Like

They won’t because the Muscovites are trolling us & the developers have their heads too far up their behinds to realize. Gene Kaufman would do a better job.

I am slightly confused to if this is still being “connected” to the neighboring 260 5th Ave building. The original plans called for the building to be conjoined to the other building making it look like it was cantilevering but not, a process of which has not occurred or been seen as that entire thing would have looked completely different to what we are seeing now. So it’s safe to say that the building now will actually be cantilevering over the 260 5th Ave building, once it gets past it, I just don’t know where the cantilever will start. And the 2 projects are still owned by their respective different entities, something that also wouldn’t be so had they still be planned to be combined.

Just to make clear to everyone, what you are seeing now on the side facing 5th Ave is not the full width, the rest of the width will come from the cantilever to the south. The core in the back is the only thing that is the size it will be all the way up.

6 Likes
2 Likes

WTF. Time for this guy to be thrown off. Every post is ridiculous.

8 Likes

YIMBY moderation has a very good approach: this post will get an ‘ignore’ notification.

These posts can be easily ignored: if one chooses not to read the comments. Internet forums always get this type of “ridiculous” comment; trying to BAN them all may be futile - as well as unnecessary.

1 Like

just a sad person trolling for shock value, probably in an attempt to fill some void in their otherwise miserable existence

2 Likes

I almost feel like it’s a second account belonging to you know who

1 Like

This was cleaned up. No worries. Given a 6 month time out. But anyways, this is rising (262 fifth).

:beers:

You can see in the recent images some signs of the windows.

Credit: Michael Young via NYY

10 Likes

Fortunately, it seems that the Fifth Ave side will be extremely narrow.

JC Heights

6 Likes

I mentioned this previously, that what you see is not the full width of the 5th Ave side, it will cantilever some over its neighbor to achieve the full width from that point on. It’s going to be about 15’-20’ wider.

5 Likes

Tall, thin a bit ‘tacky’ … reminds me of the tall, thin, neck of a Giraffe.

This project is “from Russia with love” … my fave commercial.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate.

I wonder why they couldn’t cover the concrete facade on the 5th Ave side with glass. Presumably, reflective glass would obscure the aluminum under it.

@robertwalpole I’d say it’s just a cheaper alternative, it wouldn’t really make sense to put a material behind glass if it can withstand the elements on it’s own, so the glass over aluminum question wouldn’t really make sense when aluminum itself can also be made with a reflective surface.

Generally, I’m glad the Yimby article finally stated that this one had a height decrease since that was basically confirmed in October.

I can’t envision reflective aluminum. As per Asia: “Only time will tell…”

2 Likes

Taken on 2/17/23

You can see the crane that is visible in the background

5 Likes