NEW YORK | 262 Fifth Ave | 860 FT | 60 FLOORS

I don’t believe it’s actually visible, a small part of the tower just looks likes its coming out of the adjacent building, as if it’s intersecting it.

I’m waiting for the first Megatall in NY.

1 Like

Please stop making those encounters on every single thread…

6 Likes

You a not a mod.

Yeah, and you’re not contributing anything by just posting your own random wishes and absurdities for buildings and points in threads they don’t belong, so your point is?

Don’t have to be a mod to tell someone to not spam all the time.

11 Likes

The blurred “reflection” on the aluminum facade suggests to me that this is going to look absolutely ridiculous.

It’s honestly hard to tell what kind of finish that is, it could be a satin aluminum finish, a brushed aluminum finish, a semi-polished or polished aluminum finish.

I’d imagine it will be a polished aluminum, but the render exaggerates how much the buildings would actually reflect, as they would be much more distorted.

But I don’t personally care about the aluminum part, that part doesn’t make me feel anything, it’s the portholes that look out of place and will make the building look ridiculous.

6 Likes

The portholes look nuts, but so will an 850’ cliff of aluminum. This building makes me nauseous.

3 Likes

Agreed. Absolutely hideous.

2 Likes

This thing is an architectural oddity. Those ‘portholes’ the ‘shiny metallic facade’ the ‘pencil thin’ form along with that odd ‘hollow crown’. I think all of the above features is why I find this building so appealing :star_struck:. I truly like the design of this tower. I have always been strangely attracted to anything (or anyone) generally considered the oddball in the crowd. That is my only excuse: or maybe I just have bad taste. :upside_down_face:

I am liking this: so onward & upward my funny looking friend…

4 Likes

I still pray that a link to Putin will be found and that this nuthouse won’t rise. It’s a true Hail Mary.

4 Likes

It would be one thing if the portholes were classy like on 550 Madison, but here they just don’t look right.

This building would make a great condo conversion too - apparently Chetrit wanted to do it 10 years ago, but for now its still a viable office building.

3 Likes

They started the condo conversion but then realized there was too much competition coming up on the pipeline so they went back to office.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Oy vey!

How could this project get approved, but the city council wanted Tower Verre reduced 200 feet to protect the Empire State Building?

6 Likes

Let’s hope Ateliers Jean Nouvel got another shot at something big here. The construction approach for Tower Verre was fascinating IMO.

1 Like

Out of all the stalled condo skyscrapers it has to be this one that gets going… Russian architecture in the heart of Manhattan, with those nasty round windows to boot🤮

7 Likes

Has the final design of this ever been released?

The design hasn’t changed with the height cut, it’s the same just with less floors.