NEW YORK | 262 Fifth Ave | 860 FT | 60 FLOORS

Ah I see, I was a little confused about which height is official. Thanks for the clarification :+1:

1 Like

I Can’t access the link.

That’s because the access is denied, the same thing happened to me.

Also welcome to the forum. :+1:

Sifat (New York City Walking Show)

7 Likes

Well. There it is. I would’ve thought only the foundation were to be built, but I guess this is definitely going vertical. I guess I’m happy for another tower!

3 Likes

There was never really any reason to believe that this would not have risen past street level once below grade work was completed, and bkhights’ Oct 27th update confirmed that the building had already reached street level and was continuing to rise as the foundations had already been completed a few months prior in early summer.

As far as actual construction goes, due to the low quality of the screenshot (which itself looks like a painting) I’m confused on what’s going on in the image, I did not know there would be shear walls on all 4 sides at the base of the building. Overall, I’m still upset a better design could not have been produced, not looking forward to this one and it’s weird porthole windows.

1 Like

Wasn’t it redesigned?

I think that it’s just a little shorter

1 Like

Where do you get these screenshots from? Actionkid?

No. Sifat’s NYC Walking Show. I put it under the photo.

1 Like

27 Likes

That’s A LOT of rebar.

I’m not excited about this or Extell’s 8th Ave Building. I I hope that they don’t turn out too crazy.

2 Likes

Is this the elevator core? It seems that the base of the tower is set back from the street.

5 Likes

Is this one 860ft or still 1000ft?? The Yimby page has this one at a 1000ft.

It’s definitely changed height to be 860’ and that’s confirmed by the FAA filing of the crane height. Some Yimby articles have been displaying out of date information and renders and I don’t know why (at least in the case of NY yimby).

@robertwalpole only the back smaller volume is the core, the front larger volume is probably just all being built as load bearing shear walls atm to support the cantilever one it surpasses the building next to it. But i didn’t expect the concrete to continue as it has been continuing, compared to the “new” height diagram, there will probably be false windows covering the north side of concrete. But it does look like this one will be a straight wall of aluminum with portholes on the east side.

3 Likes

I’d like to see this tower get cut to 200’ or not get built at all.

2 Likes

Ofc you would

I am shocked this is proceeding. the only good thing is the height. Luckily this will be short in 20 years

2 Likes

OMG I can’t believe this POS has a cantilever as well. I hope it is minimal, I don’t recall seeing a rendering with one.

1 Like