NEW YORK | 212 West 93rd Street | 169 FT | 14 FLOORS

4 Likes

I find these tetris type buildings delightful; particularly when a high quality cladding system is being attached to the facade of the superstructure. They have achieved both here, the tetris form factor and quality cladding - however, the cladding is not quite as sublime as that similar type building now reaching completion on 14th street/6th Avenue.

I believe this particular style of Architecture is not only attractive, but creates exceptional ‘functional’ opportunities for deep set terraces, rooms floating in space, wrap-around corner windows, and interesting floor plans.

The modernist form also permits for those ‘oversized’ and floor-to-ceiling windows.

I will make a pilgrimage to see this building - I say pilgrimaged because I practically ‘worship’ these tetris type buildings which seem to be in vogue these days. :wink:

1 Like

Credit: FC

8 Likes

They put up scaffolding now to finish up the facade.

Today

5 Likes

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/sales-launch-212-west-93rd-street-upscale-upper-west-side-condos-designed-oda-grade/49301

2 Likes

7 Likes
1 Like

I love me some cubic architecture. The big plus in this type of design is you get the best of both ‘form’ AND function. The box protrusions create terraces, set-backs, shade structures and oversized windows.

This distinctly “modernist” approach to architectural design is simply THE BEST.

Sending much love and admiration to the folks at ODA today… :heart_eyes: