NEW YORK | 1841 Broadway | 298 FT | 27 FLOORS

11 Likes

That third foto is spectacular! :slightly_smiling_face: :heartbeat:

1 Like

Sunday update.

7 Likes

9 Likes

OK, I am surprisingly impressed just how tall, dark and handsome this building looks when you have a chance to meet-up “in person” - these photos do not tell the whole story.

There are a lot of subtle features to this building that come to life under close observation; beautiful curves, intricate brick-work trim at the base, the underside of the terraces look like black marble, and the more you look - the finer it gets :star_struck:

Regarding the ‘looks’ of this new tower, simply stated: this is a really fine design.

8 Likes

The leaves on that tree are a lovely contrast to the dark facade. There is an understated elegance to this architectural design that I find quite appealing. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

The rounded corners are a nice counterpoint to 30 Lincoln Plaza.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Nice shot JC - those three are a nice juxtaposition the way each one complements the other. The glassy (I think TimeWarner) on the left, the curvy dark beauty in the center, and the light colored highly refined rectilinear building on the right side.

Columbus Circle is becoming an Architectural feast for the eye.

This building remains largely under rated, and unappreciated IMHO.

1 Like

8 Likes

New photos and address: 1 West 60th Street

2 Likes

Those curved corner windows facing in the North-East direction will have great panoramic views of Central Park.

Those in Central Park will have great view of that super cool looking, dark colored tower, with the curvy corner windows: thats a Win-Win for everybody.

They did a great job with the design of this tower. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love the curved corner windows. More buildings need rounded corners like this. It’s a unique look in a sea of squares and sharp angles.

2 Likes

Photo by Jose Martinez (The City)

It does look like The Anagram will be right on the border of the tolling zone.

5 Likes

This is looks like it is all zipped up - one floor to go on the facade. Or maybe that is an open roof terrace IDK… :confused:

This looks very cool, the dark brick, the curvy corners, some intricate detailing on the facade: the designers of this building did a great job. I do wonder, why the odd change in the balcony railings on the top several floors: a sudden transition from curved cornered balustrades, into square cornered flat paneled railings.

This is an A plus any way: but keeping the curvy corner balcony detail all the way to the top would have looked better IMHO.

5 Likes

Absolutely would look better but probably value engineered away.

1 Like

I was thinking maybe it was a supply chain issue: they ran out of stock on those curvy ballustrades - and needed to just “get-it-done”.

On second thought, think your guess on VE is better/more likely… :pensive:

1 Like

Looks like this one is almost done… :star_struck:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxtLoD5upmm/

4 Likes

This one is done. The out of sequence ‘square corner’ balconies have been rounded out to fit the overall design scheme; and the project looks great.

Those terraces are nicely detailed: but the placement on the facade is the big plus - perfect placement for north/east views overlooking Central Park.

8 Likes

It at least have balconies.Somewhat large ones,which it’s a bonus.That’s seeing it overall from a light side :man_shrugging::sweat_smile::+1: