NEW YORK | 1841 Broadway | 298 FT | 27 FLOORS

Another great scoop by Yimby. I kind of liked 1841. As long as it’s coming down, I’d like to see the dilapidated building next door (1845), which the developer owns. I can’t see how it’s not coming down too.

7 Likes

Global Holdings are behind some high quality projects like 520 Park Avenue and Greenwich Lane. SLCE usually partners up with decent architects.

This might be a promising project, especially considering it’s 1 block from the park and one block from 15CPW.

2 Likes

Demolition is near

" Sapphire Indian Cuisine at 1845 Broadway (61st) will close by the end of the month because the building is being demolished, according to owner Satish Arora."

3 Likes

It’s great news that 1845 is coming down too.

1 Like

Has demo started on this site?

1 Like

I walked by here a few days ago and no demo yet, just gutting.

1 Like

Thanks. Has this eyesore been vacated?

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s completely vacated but all of the ground floor tenants are gone at 1845 and 1841.

NYIT is also selling it’s building at 1855 Broadway so that entire side of the block could be potentially be redeveloped.

5 Likes

That’s right. I now remember reading that.

Hopefully, something iconic will rise there. Avalon struck out with the bases loaded.

1 Like

The G Man is buying the NYIT building. Hopefully, he’ll get the whole site.

6 Likes

He’s buying up the whole neighborhood

4 Likes

Extell is the wrong developer for this block.

1 Like

I have faith in the G Man. He commissioned a great design for 66th St.

5 Likes

I don’t care if Extell or Global get this block, but I want only one of them to get it. I would be pretty disappointed if we got another crappy 1 beekman-next-to-25 park row situation.

It would be neat if 16 West 61st and 27 West 60th got added to the the demo list too.

5 Likes
6 Likes

These buildings are covered with scaffolding for demolition!

2 Likes

I still hope that Extell acquires the whole site.

1 Like

I’d rather have Global Holdings. They should team up with the Zeckendorfs again and do a 15 CPW redux.

Was Global Holdings a partner for 15 CPW?

If I recall correctly it was the Zeckendorfs, Global, and Goldman.

1 Like