NEW YORK | 180 Ashland Place (98 DeKalb Avenue) | 610 FT | 49 FLOORS

Perhaps 180 Ashland based on what I can see on the reel and Apple Maps.

8 Likes

Screenshot via HighburyConcrete

12 Likes

The area is undergoing a massive transformation with four buildings being constructed within half a block of each other, and possibly eight if we include the three blocks surrounding them.

5 Likes

It’s been so long since I’ve walked around DT Brooklyn, like over a year… I need to make the trip from uptown soon

1 Like

16 Likes

Why did they build such a massive blank wall facing Fort Green Park when they owned the corner of the lot, too… :thinking:

1 Like

if you look at the massing model, the ground floor wraps around two other properties. Since we havent seen any renderings, we will have to take a wait and see approach with this one and hope that the blank wall doesnt go all the way up.

2 Likes

I was shocked to see the shoe repair still in business. You can just make out the sign on the corner behind the van.

1 Like

It’s where BAM goes to repair show shoes.

1 Like

the blank wall keeps creeping up…

12 Likes

11 Likes

As BK1985 prefaced, the blank walls are there because they are on lot lines, the developer has to build the walls like that to take into account future development that will abut the end walls. This will probably turn out like The Paxton, where the sides are blank with some slight wrap around of the exposed curtainwall.

That being said though, because the 2 remaining lots being surrounded on the one end are not that large, a new development may not be that big and the lot line wall may eventually turn into open wall above a certain height.

2 Likes

Such a weird assemblage. They probably tried to buy those two remaining lots, to no success.

2 Likes

Façade going up, and it’s the blandest - I have no hopes for this one.

No signs of the concrete wall being covered, it has a suspicious “decorative pattern” on it:

14 Likes

Bland yes but it doesn’t look that bad. However it does make the facade on 625 Fulton look better.

1 Like

Agree on both - just imagine 610 FT of that

2 Likes

Sucks!! But thanks for the update anyway!

1 Like

at least no ptacs which are rockrose’s trademark

6 Likes

Good point! Those are the worst to live with, and so inefficient that they should be illegal.

3 Likes

This was my exact thought. Thankful for small favors, I suppose.