NEW YORK | 15 Hudson Yards | 910 FT | 70 FLOORS

Continuing the discussion from NEW YORK | Hudson District - Hudson Boulevard Corridor Subdistrict:

15 Hudson Yards ~ The Corset ~ Culture Tower

Facts

Official Name: 15 Hudson Yards
Complex Name : Hudson Yards
Former / Other Names: The Corset, D Tower, Culture Tower
Structural Material: concrete
Proposed: 2012
Start of Construction: 2014
Completion: 2017
Official Website: Hudson Yards

Figures

Height: Architectural: 278.6 meter / 910 feet
Height: Occupied: 258.2 meter / 847 feet
Height: To Tip: 278.6 meter / 910 feet
Floors Above: Ground 70
Floors Below: Ground 1
No. of Elevators: 7
Tower GFA: 960,000 ft²
No. of Apartments: 250

Companies Involved

Developer: The Related Companies

Architects

Design: Diller Scofidio + Renfro; Rockwell Group
Architect of Record: Ismael Leyva Architects
Structural Engineer: WSP Cantor Seinuk
MEP Engineer: Jaros Baum & Bolles
Main Contractor: Tutor Perini Corporation

Renderings

1 Like

New Look: Related’s 15 Hudson Yards

BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON AUGUST 6TH 2014 AT 7:00 AM

15 Hudson Yards, new on left, old on right, image by Related

Plans for the individual buildings of Related’s Hudson Yards have continued to evolve, and a new rendering shows an apparent redesign of Diller Scofidio + Renfro and the Rockwell Group’s 15 Hudson Yards, which will house condominiums in the tower portion, and a “Culture Shed” in the podium.

Modifications to the tower’s form have not been significant, with the building retaining its warped, multi-cylindric appearance, but detailing has been partially eliminated. Visual evidence of the tower’s inspiration — said to be derived from a corset — seems to have been lost, as the straps that formerly cinched “the tower at its midsection, squeezing the rectilinear lower half of the building into a curvaceous upper half” have been eliminated.

15 Hudson Yards, image by Related

Nevertheless, the project will verge on iconic for both design and usage, with said “Culture Shed” vying as a central location for Fashion Week. Its crystalline appearance will offer a positive contrast against the streamlined fuselage above.

Despite the latest changes, 15 Hudson Yards will still be unique amongst the new skyscrapers rising on the Far West Side. The largest office towers at Hudson Yards and Manhattan West are decidedly angular, and the rhythmic curves of Diller Scofidio + Renfro’s contribution to the Eastern Railyards will distinguish the building against its companions, offering a softer take on high-rise design.

The building will stand 910 feet and 70 stories tall, and even compared to giants like Time Warner’s future headquarters, 15 Hudson Yards will be prominent in its own right. The tower will be home to 250 condominiums and rentals, and the total floor area will measure 960,000 square feet.

Completion is set for 2018.

1 Like

I like the new refreshed rendering, the new updated design seems more polished and elegant, without compromising its original intent.

3 Likes

Agreed. If this is clad with the right glass, the building will surely be a jewel, possibly iconic. I can’t wait to see this from Jersey, regardless.

2 Likes

11 20 2014
kz1000ps

2 Likes

Credit: https://instagram.com/tectonicphoto/

1 Like

Pics by me

Yesterday

Nice photo, VG!

I snapped these today

1 Like

It appears the Core mechanism and rebar have peaked above ground level!

I think we were rushing at this point to get somewhere, so excuse me for not getting a better look:

March 16th

1 Like

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1481/25679813723_f5838d19fa_o.jpg
Credit: nyconstructionphoto.com

4 Likes

Nice!!!

Awesome! Looking forward to see this unique tower rise.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3e/f2/94/3ef29461c4346d4a0db6f0be0d151bc5.jpg

http://livehudsonyards.com/

3 Likes

15 Hudson Yards – New Hudson Facades

4 Likes

as Robert would say, it’s the age of Ramses! it seems portions of Tower D are above the platform. (the steel might be related to the culture shed?)

from flickr:

New York City by Josh Joyce, on Flickr

2 Likes

Still a hole where the main tower will rise. It looks cleaned up and ready to start soon though.

3 Likes

It does look like that this tower is about to rise soon enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah the damn paparazzi caught me again, with my 15th wife.

:slight_smile:

Glad this is moving along. Great shots JC Heights and Welcome. :wink:

4 Likes