NEW YORK | 15 Beekman St (126-132 Nassau St) | 338 FT | 27 FLOORS

2 Likes

“The drawings that I’ve seen of the building that they’d like to construct are pretty shocking,”
Wonderful.

5 Likes

They’re already installing temporary electrical equipment for demolition and construction. This project looks like it will move quickly.

5 Likes

Interior demolition is well underway and proceeding quickly. It looks like they’re preparing for structural demolition.

5 Likes

I hope that these pieces of vile excrement on Nassau are redeveloped.

3 Likes

Supposedly this is an early concept sketch:

5 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

getting some bad vibes from this one. If this has to go down something interesting to look at should replace it

2 Likes

Eventhough this is not a great McKim, Mead & White building it is truly a shame that another one is disappearing. Pace’s tract record is not great when it comes to employing architectural design in their projects, lets hope for the best with this site.

2 Likes

Yuck.

1 Like

poop.

2 Likes

pretty uggo
credit to:
CityRealty

2 Likes

Ugh. I guess it’s not hideous, but it’s mostly just a big white box. It’s a lazy design and a massive missed opportunity to contribute something to the neighborhood architecturally. It will stand out like a sore thumb of mediocrity, being directly across the street from some of the more gorgeous red-brick buildings in the city, not to mention the Gehry building.

2 Likes

Wow, it’s like the 60’s again. Terrific. A true showstopper.

Just why.

4 Likes

I wonder if that’s white metal cladding. It seems that it will look dated quickly, like Solly Assa’s crappy hotel near Sixth Ave.

2 Likes

Actually I think hideous is the right word.

9 Likes

Ughhhh I wish we can just sue the developer for the bull bull.

1 Like

I like the Cassa hotel/residence al lot: something about the simple refined elegance of the surfaces - all all those small punched windows.

This Pace building on the other hand is purely ‘building standard’ and artless; that prominent site, and obviously deep pockets of the university deserves better than average.

1 Like

The corner building is gone. And demo has started on the taller building. :rage:

4 Likes