1 Like

13 Likes

slowly…

11 Likes

starting to see the shape a bit

14 Likes

love the curve and the overhang

2 Likes

This one will be a great addition to this block, completing the transformation from awful to beautiful (now, if they can do something with the building across the street…).

15 Likes

Yes! What an amazing transformation this block has seen in just one decade.

3 Likes

I took this in Nov of 2015. This block was vile per se.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Construction elevator is in

18 Likes

17 Likes

Pics by Michael Young

11 Likes

14 Likes

Photos by Michael Young

9 Likes

It really should have been 1,000 feet taller!

1 Like

Kind of a weird headliner since it still has 9 more floors to go, I wouldn’t call that closing in on final floors.

4 Likes

I’m a little late to this post but I have good memories at the J&R. Use to go during my off time at university to J&R to kill a few hours (when I was insane and taking 19 credits of all sciences… ughh the horror!). While the block looked like crap, I did like the electronics they had. A not so hectic version of B&H.

Will be missed. But yeah looks much better now but memories!

I’ve always found that Lower Manhattan has a unique charm that once you see that charm, it never leaves you. An underrated area that is often overshadowed by Midtown but Downtown south of Houston is where its at!

Yeah it would of been a good location for a taller slender. 111 W 57th style or almost like a slender flatiron considering the block dimensions. Would probally command good value too with the eastern views.

2 Likes

i agree, the thing is only ~60% of its final height right now

1 Like

The Park Row Building was the tallest office building in the city from 1899 to 1908.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvSYWBuu2rD/

8 Likes

Some people say it was the tallest building in the world but I can’t figure out how they calculate that.