NEW YORK | 1 Park Row | 305 FT | 23 FLOORS

Another great scoop by YIMBY!

3 Likes

Looks like we may be getting a nicer building than expected.

from Winick Realty

10 Likes

Wow!

This block went from horrible to spectacular!!!

3 Likes

Fascinating.

Isn’t it pretty unusual to file permits for and/or build the podium first, and the planned tower later?

2 Likes

Beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Looks fantastic!

I think I’ve seen renderings for the overall tower somewhere else. This is a major tower, I believe. Should add some real height.

2 Likes

Yesterday they were carting concrete and debris out the front doors.

5 Likes

It would be nice if the developers can acquire 13, 15, and 17 Ann St. 13 is nice but needs TLC. 15 and 17 are horrible.

I’d also like to see 222 Broadway (next door) get a new facade. No one would incur the expense of razing it.

1 Like

What’s 13 Ann St? If that’s an address, it’s not a piece of land. 15 Park Row completely surrounds 1 Park Row.

40 AM

1 Like

I meant 15 and 17 Ann (i.e., The two little buildings east of this site).

1 Like

Ah. They couldn’t connect, though. My point is that 15 Park Row stands between 1 Park Row and every other lot.

1 Like

Thanks, Brome.

I see that from the map that you posted.

1 Like

Was this building demolished yet, or is it still dark and dormant? I’d love to see it die.

1 Like

Every few days, I see some workers going in and out. But from the outside, there’s no noticeable progress. If there’s work going on, it’s relatively minor. There’s no interior, but no progress on full demolition.

2 Likes

permit activity! Looks like they’re going to complete the streetwall with a tower above the retail.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByNumberServlet?requestid=2&passjobnumber=123881816&passdocnumber=01

h/t

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0T1hquHtqG/

10 Likes

That’s great news!

4 Likes

jeesss, i’ve been waiting for this one!!

3 Likes

So this replaces an 18 year old eyesore, preventing it from living long enough to torture the cityscape any more than it has, and we get a great quality building…

I’m happy.

3 Likes

Should be twice the height, but nonetheless great news.

1 Like

It’s not that large of a plot, so there’s limited room for a functional core plus usable floor space. They may be constrained by the number of elevators they can fit into this sqft.

2 Likes