NEW YORK | 1 Park Row | 305 FT | 23 FLOORS

Dang rbrome, never thought of it like that!!!

I always used to think that due to the cost of construction PSF these days developers needed to build a certain height in relation to width in order to make it worth while. Aka more floors for a smaller plot of land. I never even considered that the height was dependent on the width.

That thinking was the result of all the skinny towers going up. I just assumed they could do that anywhere.

But what you just said just makes complete sense.

Love those learning moments. Thanks!

1 Like

Hopefully, the crappy building next door on B’Way with the Zara will get a new façade. (I’m not holding my breath for it to be razed.)

1 Like

Whatever math they’re using to determine how high to build, it seems to be essentially the same as was used for 1 Beekman at the other end of the block, since that one is also 23 floors. The lots are similar sizes (~5,000 sqft).

2 Likes
11 Likes

Long time coming. It’s good to know this garbage won’t even get the mercy to stand for 2 decades.

3 Likes

I noticed a shed going up on Anne st a few nights ago.

11 Likes

That’s great news. The final piece to this puzzle! Can’t wait until all 3 towers are finished.

4 Likes

It’s really happening!

13 Likes

There are those of us who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

4 Likes

13 Likes
7 Likes

Unless they plan to build right away, this may not be good news. We could be looking at a plywood fenced weedy vacant lot for the next 3-5 years.

3 Likes

It was in really bad shape. Vermin infestation warnings all over, lots of rot on the facade. I’d take a empty lot over it

1 Like

Rat extermination, and those associated bait notices, are required before any demolition in NYC. It doesn’t mean there was necessarily an “infestation”.

https://portal.311.nyc.gov/article/?kanumber=KA-01517

2 Likes

Let this god forsaken monstrosity be damned to the deepest, darkest and most merciless pit in hell.

We especially owe it to the 1893 Clark Building, demolished to build this rash around 1998.

6 Likes

They’re making steady progress with the demolition. It’s down to just bare bones now.

14 Likes

The good old days

8 Likes

7 Likes

Not too much progress since June it seems

12 Likes

There is a stop work order posted. Anyone have any info?

1 Like