NEW YORK | 25 Park Row | 702 FT | 54 FLOORS

29 Park Row and the little building next door appear to be coming down. Demo permits were filed on August 8, 2015.

As per Acris, The buildings were sold in June of 2015.

The sign on the buildings refers to Sun Enterprise Group.

Here is the developer’s website:

3 Likes

About time! Hopefully the replacement does the location justice. This area is quickly emerging as a primo residential neighborhood and while parts of the streetscape still leave much to be desired, that is changing rapidly for the better.

1 Like

I agree. The replacement for the north end of Park Row looks nice.

No. 29 is the only terrible building on Park Row, and I welcome its demise.

I don’t know how tall its replacement can be, but assuming it will be at least 25-30 floors, 115 Nassau’s views will be largely obscured shortly after its residents move in.

It’s a shame that one developer didn’t get the whole site, which is pictured below, and shows Pelli’s proposal for the north end.

PS: I would love to see Pace’s site redeveloped.

3 Likes

I hope that a beautiful tower rises next to this beautiful site!

3 Likes

I can’t wait for this pos to come Down.

It detracts from this beautiful area.

5 Likes

J&R was a great electronics and music store. Weren’t they planning on renovating it? Or did they decide to relocate somewhere else in town?

1 Like

Lovely pics Robert.

I think they hope to have an online business, but I don’t know if it can compete with bigger players. J&R’s real estate was worth more than its retail business.

Thanks , M!

This was filed with the DOB on Jan 19, 2016 in connection with the demolition of this POS:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/WorkPermitDataServlet?allisn=0003007970&allisn2=0002354068&allbin=1001250&requestid=2

5 Likes

Filed on Jan 21, 2016 with the DOB:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByNumberServlet?requestid=2&passjobnumber=140451302&passdocnumber=01

1 Like

Filed with the DOB on Jan 22nd in connection with demolition:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/WorkPermitDataServlet?allisn=0003007977&allisn2=0002354068&allbin=1001250&requestid=2

2 Likes

This can be reasonably tall with 200k SF. As predicted, the new tower behind it on Nassau surely will be obscured unless L+M places its tower in the middle of the site in order to preserve eastern views.

L+M to demolish four retail buildings on Park Row

The FiDi site at 23-33 Park Row has more than 200,000 buildable sf

January 26, 2016 02:00PM
By Kathryn Brenzel

L + M Development Partners received the go-ahead to tear down four retail buildings in the Financial District, making way for a project that could be bigger than 200,000 square feet.

The city issued demolition permits Friday for the properties at 23-33 Park Row, according to Department of Buildings records. The developer first filed demolition applications for two of the buildings in September 2014 and then for the other two in June and August 2015.

L+M hasn’t filed official plans for redeveloping the site, but paired up with the owners of J&R Music and Computer World in April 2014 to redevelop part of the site. Representatives for L+M were not immediately available to discuss the plans for the property.

The four buildings, located at the corner of Beekman Street, have more than 200,000 buildable square feet in total.

Demolition on three of the buildings — 29, 31 and 23 Park Row — is slated to begin Wednesday. According to the permits, 33 Park Row was scheduled to be torn down on Monday.

An adjacent building at 1 Beekman Street owned by Glauco Lolli-Ghetti’s Urban Muse is also being torn down to make way for a 25-story residential building. Demolition permits were issued earlier this month at the site, which Urban Muse bought for $52 million in December 2014.

2 Likes

Between the two planned towers, the whole block (north of the stunning old office tower) is coming down!

Feb 5, 2016

These gems deserve a gorgeous neighbor!

4 Likes

I’m so glad that this whole block of crap
Is coming down. The surrounding buildings are stunning.

Feb 15, 2016

4 Likes

This whole block is coming down!

Feb 20th

The one gem on this block will have fitting new neighbors!

2 Likes

Feb 25th

Nearby gems

4 Likes

Feb 29th

5 Likes

The Potter Building is so amazing!

2 Likes

There are many stunning buildings near this.

2 Likes