JERSEY CITY | 30 Park Lane North | 362 FT | 33 FLOORS

391-unit building in Newport. Adjacent to under-construction 700 Washington Blvd and just north of Newport Green Park. This is the building site under the red arrow in the placeholder model below.

Link to thread on 700 Washington Blvd:

7 Likes

Nice! Good to see they are going higher on these next phases. Hopefully the rest of the sites keep going taller. The location is so good being right next to Hoboken Terminal. They should be building supertalls here.

4 Likes

Just edited the post above with a massing model. It seems that they will keep going taller as they get closer to Hoboken station. There’s still a lot of zoned capacity (several thousand units) left in Newport.

3 Likes

Yeah. That model looks like it is about the same as the taller building at 700 Washington -24 floors. Hopefully it will stay at 33+ floors.

This is one of the best plots of land for high density in NJ. Hoboken Terminal has multiple PATH lines, multiple ferry lines, multiple light rail lines, and a ton of bus lines and regional rail lines. Perfect to pack a ton of people in. On the other hand who knows when people will get back to commuting to Manhattan. The PATH is has been completely empty lately. It’s creepy.

3 Likes

The massing model is from 2012, so I’d go by the stated height in the site plan application (33 flooors). They might’ve revised the design to be taller and more slender. Also, this site plan application might actually be the building next to the one under the arrow, which is taller.

Agreed that it is a good plot for high density. If most office jobs continue partial work-from-home indefinitely, rush-hour ridership for PATH might stay permanently low. That’s actually good news for allowing high-density living in Hudson County, because it means PATH can support a larger population with the same capacity.

Of course, lots of people are questioning whether there will demand for high-density living near job centers, especially in high cost-of-living areas like the NYC metro, if work-from-home becomes the norm (especially 100% WFH). Personally I would live near transit and Manhattan even if I was 100% WFH, but who knows how most people will feel going forward. Lots of unknowns; still too early to tell IMO.

4 Likes

Got a hold of the lot map. This will in fact be the lot directly adjacent to the 12/24-story towers currently under construction. (Lot 3.13)

4 Likes
2 Likes

That article is mistaken…it’s not 790 units, it’s 391 units according to the Planning application.

1 Like

It looks like it’s just the snippet that’s wrong (or the article was corrected).

A previous proposal for the site, or somewhere within the block, was for a 2 Tower, 790 Unit development. It’s hard to tell if this and The Beach have effectively replaced it - I always believed that the 2-Tower former 700 Washington was meant for Lot 3.11 rather than this new project’s Lot 3.13, but I don’t have a clue whether that information is accurate.

1 Like

Yeah it was referring to past plans.

They have a breakdown of the unit functionalities: “the living spaces on the application break down as 30 studios, 174 one-bedrooms, 153 two-bedrooms, 32 three-bedrooms, and 2 four-bedroom units. None of the apartments would be set aside as affordable housing, as none are required to be under current regulations.”

1 Like

Yup. You’re right. The 790-unit plan was for lot 3.11. When it happens, it’ll probably be somewhat different from that now-expired 2010 application.

1 Like

Here we go. First rendering

https:/jerseydigs.com/renderings-revealed-for-lefraks-30-park-lane-north-in-jersey-city/

8 Likes

10 Likes

There’s a piling rig here - probably testing, but might be getting started soon

6 Likes

Approved. They should put a cap over the hoboken train terminal or move it underground so its easier to cross

2 Likes

I completely agree with creating more pedestrian connectivity between Hoboken and JC. The actual terminal is a beautiful building though and should be a landmark if it isn’t already. We don’t need the NJ equivalent of destroying/burying Penn Station.

1 Like

Lots of piles so far.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Crane is up.
Under construction. I think they are on 2 nd floor already.

6 Likes

5th floor

5 Likes