NEW YORK | 1 Boerum Place | 300 FT | 21 FLOORS

12 Likes

11 Likes
4 Likes

Very nice. My new rating method: building standard, better than building standard, and Iconic. This doesn’t quite rate “Iconic” as the Flat Iron building does for example - but certainly better than ‘building standard’.

In terms of Architectural design (aesthetics) this is ‘better than building standard’ which in my book is a rave review. I think it is the brick fenestration, and the articulated form with the subtle angle on the overall form factor that makes it ‘above average’ - not sure exactly, but this just looks cool.

1 Like

What’s easy to miss unless you zoom in on the photos is how some of the corners are rounded, with rounded brick. It’s a small touch that you wouldn’t see on a cheaper building.

4 Likes

15 Likes

I like this one.

2 Likes

From 1.18.21:

9 Likes

Very handsome little building. Shame that the curtain wall doesn’t extend up a bit to mask the elevator / mechanical shed.

2 Likes

This is one fine Architectural Design. This is an example of Master Modernist Architecture: far better than Classical Architecture IMHO… :thinking:

1 Like

Looks like some of the netting is coming down from the MTA building for the first time in (6-7?) years?

11 Likes

13 Likes

Such a nice building1

Not only is this a gorgeous building, but it replaced a complete piece of junk. I used to go to Supreme Kings a lot and always though that this eyesore was utterly hideous.

P.S.: What’s being built on the site of this eyesore on Boerum between Schermerhorm and Livingston?

They’ve been renovating that building for years. I believe it’s offices for NYCTA.

Thanks. It is the TA office. I had hoped that they’d raze it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Gorgeous. :+1:

1 Like