MIAMI | Naftali Group Supertalls (Two Towers) - 1016 Northeast Second Avenue

Miami Worldcenter Getting Two Supertall Residential Towers By Developer Naftali Group

New York-based developer Naftali Group has announced plans to build two residential towers at Miami Worldcenter.

The towers will be supertalls, according to a press release.

The project will have condo units available for sale. Pre-sales will launch at the end of this year, Naftali said in a statement.

The development site is at 1016 Northeast Second Avenue, formerly owned by Akara Partners.

Naftali said it has already closed on the purchase of the site for $40.5 million. Mika Mattingly, Executive Managing Director at Colliers’ Urban Core Division, represented both the buyer and the seller in the transaction.

Up to 1.3 million square feet of development can be built on the site.

The developer, which is led by Miki Naftali, has a history of hiring top architectural talent.

In New York, Naftali just completed The Benson (by architect Peter Pennoyer). They are also near completion of The Bellemont (designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects) and 200 East 83rd Street (also designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects).

A spokesperson for Naftali said the developer would announce an architect and exact height for 1016 Northeast Second Avenue at a later date.

3 Likes

I wonder how he will pull off building supertalls where 700ft is the max.

I wish Naftali would do a super tall in NY.

1 Like

I hope though that the word “supertall” isn’t just a play on words. I’ve seen this before where they say supertall but it ends up being under 300m.

An exciting prospect though, even if let’s just say it doesn’t manifest to that.

1.3 mil-sq ft anywhere is a big deal.

1 Like

I can’t imagine that Naftali will develop his traditional, limestone design in Miami. It would look out of place.

That’s the situation with One MiamiCentral. Twin 83-story towers referred to as super tall or super towers, but fall short of that status by about 136 feet lol.

1 Like