JERSEY CITY | Journal Square Development

Thanks! I’ve never been able to join Wired for some reason, my account was always pending…

413 Summit developers are currently building multiple projects - 37-47 High St is also theirs, and they are pushing along slowly on 345 Baldwin and 44-48 Newkirk as well - so they are capable. We’ll see how many they can handle at once.

3 Likes

Well whichever site hosted JC Rising haha.

Yes, they are also working on 75 Jordan as well as 177 Academy. I know the folks at Titanium, they are very capable indeed :slight_smile: 425 is different in that Spitzer is doing a lot of the background work. It’s also their biggest project at 26 stories. Both teams working on it means I don’t see any big delays. I’ll let you guys know if there are!

3 Likes

Exciting news for Journal Square today! Centre Pompidou is partnering with JC to open its first North American outpost in the Public Service Building in Journal Square!

The City is assuming a lot of financial obligation associated with restoring and operating the center, and I’m interested to see how that affects other priorities.

But this is HUGE.

5 Likes

Yes, it’s tremendous news for the city, especially Journal Square! I hope it means that more development goes underway, especially that Kushner lot in front of this. As more development breaks ground, this area will look completely different in a few years.

There’s also this little tidbit of news. So that’s two city cultural sites getting some funding.

4 Likes

Shot of the core of Journal Square development taken a few days ago (by me). It looks a bit like a seperate city just on its own.

With all the projects approved, Journal Square will be looking very different in five years!

16 Likes

These went up so quickly it’s crazy… They turned one of the lots into a green space for now.

9 Likes

Journal Square as seen from The Edge at Hudson Yards (taken by me)

Really curious how different this will look in just 5 years!

18 Likes

5 Likes

Great shot!!!

1 Like

Per C. :
Seeing the redevelopment of the PABT in New York has me thinking long term about the Port Authority’s other redevelopment project at the Journal Square Transportation Center.

They issued a RFI in 2019, and not much news since then. The zoning allows around 9.6 million sqft of development, with no height limit. To put that into perspective, the Journal Squared development is 2.4 million sqft. The RFI called for improving passenger circulation and reconfigure the bus lanes.

https://rew-online.com/old-jersey-ci…et-a-new-look/

Journal Square is getting rapidly built out, and this will probably be one of the last parcels to be redeveloped. Except to see something big, one day.

6 Likes
3 Likes

JSQ is getting a park!

6 Likes