JERSEY CITY | 345 Baldwin Ave | FT | 13 FLOORS

13-Story Building Could Bring 100+ Units to Journal Square

4 Likes

This was the old proposal for a 14 story tower on the site. Let’s hope the new proposal keeps the same, high-quality design.

6 Likes
2 Likes

This is the one across the street at the other former Delta station at 348 Baldwin. Figure I would just include it here instead of start a new thread.

Nothing on this one yet

348 Baldwin (across the street)

4 Likes

Still nothing at this site, but it seems the most appropriate thread to update its neighbor across the street (348)

Oddly, it looks like they removed a floor from the past update. Perhaps due to the construction pause?

2 Likes

Yeah, it was just the formwork they were putting up so probably a safety issue to leave it as is. Wonder why the site across hasn’t started

348 Baldwin
345 Baldwin is basically being used as a staging area for 348 currently.

5 Likes

Just going to keep posting pictures of it as a staging area:

And here’s its neighbor. Topped out, seems like

7 Likes

From about a month ago - it was still being used as staging, but stay tuned for my latest update…

And its neighbor

3 Likes

Latest update - no longer used for staging, officially demolished. We’ll see if work actually starts now

And as always - 348 Baldwin as well

6 Likes

Site cleared

348 Baldwin

7 Likes

Nothing happening as of yet, 2/17/21. The site across the street has also dramatically slowed down, or possibly stalled

4 Likes

Waiting on its permits still - full construction not expected until the summer. But pre-site construction and staging might move forward soon.

I’ll keep an eye out.

I’m curious what happened across the street - project definitely seems stalled.

@Oreo_Zchut

Looking at the portal, it seems the project is definitely stalled temporarily. They’re waiting to get DOB rough inspections done. Scheduled this month. Plus, there’s some updates to the permits for its elevators and sprinkler systems.

So I’d guess and say that if all the rough inspections pass and they get the permits, we can see action again in March or April.

2 Likes

Do you work in the industry? Just curious where you get your updates from

Yes, I do! Background in architecture, but working close with developers for different projects now. And it’s nice since it’s all local, for now at least lol. But the update above is also from the SDL Portal, which the city uses for getting things through the system. It’s public so easy to view what’s happening and where.

2 Likes

Nice, thanks for the insight. As an enthusiast who doesn’t work in the industry, it’s always nice to get insider perspectives

1 Like

Updated rendering. Passed the Planning Board last month.

5 Likes