JEDDAH | Jeddah Tower | 1000m+ | 3281ft+ | 167 fl

https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/building/jeddah-tower/2

4 Likes

Is this project real?

3 Likes

Yes. It was under construction for a while, but then their was a corruption purge and the benefactor was arrested. Who knows when or if it will be completed.

It’s like 826ft up.

2 Likes

Hasn’t this thing been stalled since 2018? It’s crazy how projects can be left unfinished, but like this, One Seaport, and 45 Park they will soon be finished like the Ryugyong Hotel in North Korea

3 Likes

That’s the benefit of building skyscrapers in the middle of nowhere, no problem if you run out of cash just abandon it I suppose. I believe it’s politically off the table right now

1 Like

they actually never stopped working on the infrastructure around this thing, so presumably the plan is to finish it in some capacity eventually.

4 Likes

Would be cool. It’s overall shape takes inspiration from the Illinois

1 Like

3 Likes

Per MICHAELG3000 on SSC:

A Saudi Arabian newspaper article is saying that according to Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud work will resume soon on Jeddah Tower and a new main contractor will likely be awarded soon.
شاهد… الأمير الوليد بن طلال يؤكد قرب العمل بمشروع برج جدة

3 Likes

Yeah apparently it’s back on. New worlds tallest. Which may force the emirates to actually construct the Dubai Creek Tower, though this one will still hold the worlds tallest skyscraper

However I’d be careful until we actually see some construction work on it, the article is very, very short on details.

3 Likes

Ah, I see. So that’s the real reason why the stalled Jeddah Tower put DCT on hold as well, although I may be wrong

Yeah, I can’t wait!! But I agree, I wouldn’t let my hopes too high yet until we actually see construction going vertical unless they decided to keep the progress a secret.

Maybe. Or maybe it’s just Dubai slowing down. They’re still putting up quite a few supertalls, but not a single megatall proposal since the Burj has even gotten to construction. Most of them get cancelled, cut down in height (and then canceled) or were never likely in the first place.

Or maybe I’m wrong. Afterall they are constructing 6 supertalls as we speak

1 Like

Ah, I see. Could be several reasons why it was stalled, although there were rumors that it was because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Wow, 6 supertalls?! I know one of them is called the Ciel tower and I guess the other 5 are constructed somewhere in the Downtown Dubai area. :slight_smile:

Ciel Tower
II Primo Tower 1
Uptown Dubai Supertall Tower
One Za’abeel
Al Wasl Tower
Address Harbour Point Tower 1

1 Like

Thanks for the names! I almost forgot about the Uptown Dubai Supertall Tower (yet I built it in Minecraft a week ago lol)

Still great that at least they’re still building skyscrapers in the supertall range! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t forget Regalia and Cavalli (the latter began pile work last month). AHP Tower 1 isn’t a supertall though, it’s 279m tall. There’s also some more that are proposed or in ground works phases.

I wouldn’t say the Dubai Creek Tower was affected by this project’s misfortunes (since they are not related in any way) or the affects of Covid, considering it came to a halt in mid/late 2018, long before the pandemic became an issue, even though some news articles about it mention Covid as being the reason it stopped even though it had been stagnant for some time before.

Even if this project is restarted the thing that comes into question will be whether it is cut in height or continues as originally proposed.

2 Likes

Forgot about Cavalli, didn’t know about Regalia.
Yeah I just kinda guessed on that because there wasn’t a height posted where I was looking at them.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Poor Jeddah Tower. Was so close to resuming construction (the prince even mentions “soon”) but Saudi Arabia decided to focus on NEOM / The Line instead.