Here is is on my 3d massing

4 Likes
4 Likes

https://rense.com/general67/9118.htm

2 Likes

WTC 5

4 Likes

Park Row Building

The complete weight had to support over 3700 debarked wooden piles.

6 Likes

Let’s take a quick field trip to Chicago…

There is a lot of interesting material to be found about this building Old Post Office

and in Color around 1950

The Dark Building behind the Marchants Loan and Trust Building is the first building to be constructed using the skeleton construction method.

Palmer House

Anyone who wants to know more is welcome to write a reply.

Collection by Miss Mackensen

6 Likes

wouldve looked so nice if the new building couldve just overlapped with it

10 Likes

What a loss, that’s a beautiful building.

2 Likes

This is a cross section view of the Chicago Post Office in French.

So now I come from Chicago briefly to Milwaukee to the Pabst Building.

For more pics a detailed look at 14-story pabst building's interior ornamental ironwork executed by winslow brothers | Urban Remains Chicago News and Events

„ The Pabst building saw many alterations to its roofline over the years. In the late 1940s the copper towers were removed due to deterioration and the rooflines were squared off.“

This building replaced the old Pabst Building

4 Likes

https://hotcore.info/babki/Broad-Street-Station-Philadelphia.html

2 Likes

I would love to see that model

Still can’t believe how quickly modernism fell out of style. And now we’re stuck with this crap.

1 Like

I grew up in St. Louis. The city of my youth was full of historic buildings. Thankfully Sullivan’s Wainwright Building (pics below)has been protected and there is some redevelopment of old buildings along Washington and the central west end. But the city as a whole is in terrible shape. The population of the city proper (area is actually fairly small) was well over 800,000 when I was a kid. Now it’s barely over 300,000. The north side is gutted. Though it doesn’t get the pub of other old industrial places like Detroit it has faced a similar fate. It was the only place outside of the Detroit area with assembly plants for the big three American auto companies—GM, Ford, and Chrysler. They closed in the fifties and the place nose-dived. It has never really recovered.

6 Likes

Beautiful, are there any Sullivan designed buildings in NYC?

1 Like

Sullivan in NY

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Right–Bayard Condict is all there is in NYC. Buffalo is graced with the magnificent Guaranty Building below. Adler and Sullivan was a great Chicago firm in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Frank Lloyd Wright got his start there. Daniel Burnham, also a classic Chicago architect, worked on the Flatiron Building.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 2.22.45 PM

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 2.23.13 PM

4 Likes

I studied Sullivan extensively in school. Brilliant architect and he left a lasting legacy. He’s one of the fathers of skyscrapers/modernism for a reason lol

4 Likes