YONKERS | Development News

Looks like they are painting the facade on the new Target store at Cross

6 Likes

Progress on 57 Alexander Street

7 Likes

I wonder when the Target will finally open. The one in Port Chester finally opened last month after being under construction for nearly two years.

2 Likes

A news site said that they were planning on a 2022 grand opening so I’m anticipating a late Fall opening. Would be nice for the store to open up before the holiday season.

2 Likes

36-38 Main Street, 32 Main Street, and 1-3 Riverdale Avenue

5 Likes

5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Big news here on the Yonkers Power Plant project -
Lela Goren’s plan to make the vacant Glenwood power plant in Yonkers into a center for climate change will be done without an anchor tenant.
https://www.lohud.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lohud.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fwestchester%2Fyonkers%2F2022%2F05%2F31%2Fno-anchor-tenant-lela-goren-new-vision-yonkers-power-plant%2F9573015002%2F

I love these folks who are talking here on this YouTube video; they seem to be real ‘truth tellers’ on this controversal Power Plant development project. I know they are big time NIMBY - but love them anyway…

2 Likes

Hudson Piers looks a little mundane. I really wish they mixed up heights and densities. Some townhouses, more open space, taller buildings.

1 Like

plans originally called for a 22 story tower at the north end of the development, presumably on the site of the Blue cube. I haven’t seen any indication plans for that have changed.

2 Likes

The Hudson Piers residential development - and the 22 story residential tower on the north end - will be adjacent to the Power House restoration project. It seems likely to me that Extell, and Goren who is a former Extell executive, were able to coordinate the two projects as one large development initiative.

The Hudson Piers development is land locked between the railroad tracks and the river - so there are not many options for all those residents to go out for recreational dining, and social events. That Power House Building is an obvious tie-in with this new Hudson Piers Development; and will happen eventually despite “community opposition”.

It would be great to see this Power House Building Restored, but the proposal of some vague mixed-use facility hosting various ‘green’ organizations, community hydroponic gardening , craft sale booths, seems either disingenuous or poorly conceived. These are fascinating developments to watch - both Hudson Piers, and the Power House Restoration.

3 Likes

10 School Street

3 Likes

This Architectural relic will soon be developed: so last week I went to explore for myself before the restoration project begins…

Here are some of the photos I took on my way up to the roof.

This was somewhere on the 3rd floor.

This was taken from the roof looking north toward the Tappen Zee Bridge.

This was a real ‘Architectural Adventure’ and glad to have the opportunity to share this experience with the YIMBY forum. :star_struck:

6 Likes

just spotted this on flickr…

Hudson River by June Marie, on Flickr

10 Likes

Progress at Hudson Piers via: Highbury Concrete

8 Likes

297 Glenwood Ave. and 146 and 164 Lake Ave

5 Likes

This is a fantastic photo of the current site conditions for this waterfront development project by Extell.

Here is a concept rendering of a previous proposal that illustrates what I believe is to become the ‘future’ joining of the “Power Plant” development to the north; and this “Hudson Piers” project.

Take a look at the green lawn ‘land bridge’ connecting the Power House site & the Hudson Piers project: this is what I believe will be the eventual combining of the two separate site - but only time will tell.

The Power House developers are still looking for a viable solutions for parking and pedestrian access; this land bridge will definitely address the pedestrian access issue. This is all pure speculation on this fascinating and controversial waterfront development project.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Via :

KingContractingGroupNY

6 Likes