YONKERS | Development News

https://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2022/01/28/elk-homes-yonkers-new-apartment-develoment.html

5 Likes

1 Garrett Place

345 McLean Avenue

1727 Central Park Avenue

5 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZsWZShgtBa/?utm_medium=copy_link
I was scrolling through Instagram and found a video showing renderings of the complete Great Point Studios site

Here is a screenshot of it

4 Likes

Full picture

5 Likes

Hmm. Thought Lionsgate was owned by Sony, nope. Apparently owned by some $5 billion dollar investment fund. Well whatever. Nice new studio anyhow.

3 Likes

Nice find!
I wonder if that means the Kawasaki factory that currently occupies the existing buildings is on its way out. It still looked like they’re actively manufacturing commuter trains for the MTA.

The land for the other studios isn’t vacant per say (mostly run down light manufacturing buildings) but if they built those it would be amazing for Yonkers.

4 Likes

Yonkers is getting a Chick fil A on Central Park Avenue. But when will Chicken Island finally be redeveloped?

5 Likes

Site plan for Lionsgate studios. (Found on Great point studios’ website)

4 Likes
6 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe this will be the first Starbucks in the downtown area.

4 Likes

Quote: “Correct me if I am wrong but I believe this will be the first Starbucks in the downtown area.”

This seems correct. I am in Yonkers often have never seen a Starbucks in my travels. There is a population boom, and gentrification, in the area: so this area is now prime for a Starbucks. :star_struck:

BTW. If you are ever in the area, stop by the YPRC Yonkers Paddling & Rowing Club at the waterfront: there are free Kayak trips, and free instruction, offered by the club on a weekly basis. Hope to see some NYC folks come up and enjoy the Waterfront Esplanade.

3 Likes

Saw this on Highbury Concrete’s Instagram page. Any ideas on what they are doing? It’s on the riverfront near the PowerPlant. I don’t believe that it’s 57th Alexander.

5 Likes

I think that’s the Extell site.

4 Likes

It is an Extell site. I wonder if the site with the ‘blue cube’ is part of this development. I like the view of the Power Plant in the background; and am surprised how that project is still stalled. My guess is this parcel was intended to be somehow ‘bundled’ with the Power Plant site to create a continuous waterfront esplanade that would be mutually beneficial to both development sites. The owner of the Goren group who owns the Power Plant is a former Extell Executive; so there may be enough of a working relationship to make that combined waterfront site work in conjunction.

It is a 10 year development project, and that leaves plenty of time to work-in the Power Plant site for some type of economic synergy. See quote below from the Extell Website.

That is all pure speculation on my part; the Power Plant and this site are ostensibly two separate and mutually exclusive property developments. If anyone know more about the current status of the power-plant: please post.

QUOTE - "The Extell project, a re-development of approximately 20 acres, will consist of seven buildings totaling approximately 1,395 residential units and approximately 48,280 square feet of commercial space. Phased over a ten year period’’

My final take on this Power House restoration. It is lamentable IMHO that this Building has been laying dormant for what I think is about 50 years now. Think of the: lost tax revenue, the lost utilization of that prime spot, the continued deterioration of the building & the foundation. What a shame, or better, what a sham… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It was also really stupid to take out all of the old windows and leave it exposed for years on end!

73 Lawrence Street

4 Likes

Decided to watch Yonkers State of the City address to learn about upcoming projects. Here are some of the news I found

A look at what the Lionsgate expansion will look like

New Film Schools

A second film production complex in the Ludlow area

A community school

2 Likes

More affordable housing complex going up

A potential look at what Phase 4 of River Daylighting may look like

A park being proposed along the River front

5 Likes

The Ludow Park development will be one to watch; as it is only ‘proposed’ at this point. That view of the Palasades Rock cliffs, and the Hudson Rive is breath taking.

This is one of only a few waterfront develpment sites left in Yonkers; most of which are going to be high end residential - so a making this a park for the public is a civic duty IMHO.