YONKERS | Development News

The second apartment building at Ridge Hill is being constructed.

5 Likes

36, 50 and 56 St. Joseph Avenue and 1, 6, 7 and 10 Cavalli Circle

4 Likes

1219 Yonkers Avenue

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Proposed Yonkers greenway

188-194 Yonkers Ave. and 182-192 Fillmore St.

5 Likes

Development at Ridge Hill

8 Likes
3 Likes

150 Downing Street
208 apartments

70 Pier Street
36 apartments

3 Likes
2 Likes

56 Prospect St

Hudson Piers

57 Alexander St

4 Likes

Phase 2 of Lionsgate is going up

Also found this inflatable studio. Interesting!

6 Likes

73 Lawrence Street

3 Likes

Latest proposal for the Teutonia development from March 27th.

https://www.yonkersny.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/36382/638157799601700000

https://www.yonkersny.gov/work/department-of-planning-development/boards-agencies/planning-board/current-applications/-folder-3977

9 Likes

More renderings from the previous post ^^

The height will be 435ft roof and mechanical bulkhead at 455ft. Hopes this plan passes.

9 Likes

strong text

I know this is a yimby forum, but I wish they enacted some sort of height limit for parcels along the river. Buildings so close to the river don’t need to be so high to capitalize on the views, they merely serve to block views further inland.

1 Like

Looks great. Tall ultra-high density buildings make a lot of sense close to the train station like this. Important to maximize the number of people who can live near transit and reduce the housing shortage :+1:

And it’ll create skyline views for the area around it, which are almost as sought after as river views.

Somebody should make a separate thread for this project if it’s approved

2 Likes

3 Likes

What is the current news about the Power House redevelopment project. I took a recently and noticed the Hudson River side of the building has a large crack that gets larger with each passing year this building remains dormant. The top section of the parapet wall has broken off entirely in some spots.

I can not find and news: there has been radio silence on this project in the last year. There are surly plans in the works; but I can not find any news.

My layman’s opinion is this building is beyond rehabilitation - the physical deterioration is so far gone the cost (and construction capabilities) is no longer feasible.

2 Likes