YONKERS | Development News

Yeah that crack doesn’t look good!

Taking out all of windows it had remaining and leaving it exposed for years on end is intentional neglect if I’ve ever seen it!

2 Likes

Looks like they will begin the formal review for this project.

4 Likes

This is actually what some claim. I am only interested in seeing something done with this lovely site; as I frequent this area in the summer. This site has been dormant - and decaying - for a time duration of about 60 years or more: how the heck does stuff like this happen in first world countries.

I am trying to find news on the current status; but all the recent news on this project has gone ‘suspiciously’ quiet. :roll_eyes:

This is all I can find - News | City of Yonkers, NY

Earlier today

New apartments on Ridge Hill Boulevard, just to the northwest of Lowe’s

6 Likes

Yonkers getting coverage in the Hollywood trades

3 Likes
2 Likes

56 Prospect Street

Lionsgate Studios

1 Like

41 Buena Vista Ave site

The Miroza

172 and 178 Warburton

3 Likes

Yonkers and New Rochelle area can easily be the sixth borough, lol, if they keep this development going. The entire waterfront needs to be Miami-fied. Perhaps Journal “Squared.”

Would there be resistance to massive development here?

5 Likes

Not particularly, although there are a lot of old businesses that would be a shame to see displaced that give Yonkers its character.

1 Like

I’d for one like to see a good architect design a nice addition to the post office.

1 Like
2 Likes

According to one of the workers, the Target in Cross County should be open by late September.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Stopped by Ridge Hill the other day and took a picture of the third building at Monarch

6 Likes

JFC this is getting nuts with the expansion of housing in southern Westchester, these cities need to start implementing better mass transit. (I would take ART that uses Diesel busses from the 40’s at this moment, would be better than what is which is nothing.)

1 Like

This is the Yonkers Powerhouse building as of this weekend.

This ‘Power House’ is slated for adaptive reuse; yet my layman’s opinion is this building has deteriorated beyond all possibility of restoration. The structural steel is rusted and badly deteriorated deep beyond the surface. The the mortar on the brick work is decomposing into little more than loose sand. The bricks are dry, brittle and cracking everywhere.

I recently toured this building from lower level to rooftop. The foundation is sinking into the Hudson river, and the roof is collapsing. What am I missing about the ‘pie-in-the-sky’ plans to restore this structure.

It does not take an Architect or structural engineer to see that the proposed plans for this building is sheer fantasy. :roll_eyes:

Please provide (if anyone knows) an update on the current status: there has been little news on this lately.

4 Likes

The city of Yonkers should seize the property back and sell it to someone who will do something with it.

The same developer is also a great job letting the Adler Mansion (also in Yonkers) fall apart with a stalled roof repair.

1 Like

2550 Central Park Avenue

590-614 South Broadway

4 Likes