What are you Most Looking Forward to in 2018?

For 2 WTC, instead of being limited by only two designs (neither one of which seems to have generated huge support), why not open it up to everyone to submit designs? Since there’s no anchor tenant at present, what’s the harm in seeing if a lesser-known comes up with a design that ends up securing the right tenant for that design? At present, with only two options on the table, I can see why it’s hard finding someone.

1 Like

That’s a well-argued critique even if I don’t agree with all of it! Well put

I will start a thread for 2019, since we are “living in the age of Ramses, lads” (as I’ve been reminded 1,000x in this forum and now drink the koolaid and actually say those words out of my mouth now!) 2019 promises to have lots to look forward to as well!

5 Likes

How about this? :smiley:

2018: Numerous supertalls topping out, Amazon HQ2 announcement
2019: Grand opening of Hudson Yards, hopefully some news about the Western Yards.

i’m not setting myself up for disappointment this year by hoping for an anchor for 2 WTC. If it happens, i’ll let it be a pleasant surprise rather than an expectation.

5 Likes

For 2018, thankful that 53 W 53rd met (perhaps exceeded?) super lofty expectations, what a stunner! (Yes, I realize it’s not 100% finished, but we’re close)

For 2019, I’m looking forward to seeing the skyline with One Vanderbilt topped out… I think the profile of One Vandy on the skyline will be remarkable and come to define that signature NYC skyline silhouette.

7 Likes