Shane Keena's Concepts

You have two there, so yeah! It would be!

1 Like

Oh wow, I didn’t realize it until now :sweat_smile: Then in that case the majority of those other peaks in the image are supertalls and megatalls!

Yep! That’s the case!

1 Like

@NewYorkCity76 @AgentGodzillaRP

Here’s my completed rendering. My whole thing is maximizing the World Trade Center to something much better.

1 Like

Link to a concept I shared;

1 Like

My version of Manhattan’s skyline…

2 Likes

That’s Coruscant lol

3 Likes

There’s definitely a certain inspiration from Coruscant.

2 Likes

This is sort of a debate I’ve been having with some folks recently about transportation in New York City, and I ran across this guy who said something I agree with.

It should be both for public and private transportation, not everyone needs to ride the train or wants to. The city needs both easy access thru subways and car transportation. A lot of people from New Jersey go to Queens or Brooklyn and vice versa. There should be highways that go straight through Manhattan, connecting New Jersey to Queens and Brooklyn, and therefore Long Island.

1 Like

It’s not my concept, but here’s the plan for the Lower Manhattan Expressway.

1 Like

That, is quite the terrible plan.

2 Likes

It’s a great plan, but New York wasn’t ready for it yet. It’s up for debate whether or not it’s ready now, but considering the advancements in technology, I would certainly try and make an attempt.

That plan sounds interesting, but would it affect the subway systems/services had it gone into a construction phase (assuming it’s around now)

And building new highways within urban areas has, for the most part, fallen out of fashion. They divide communities, increase sound pollution and air pollution, generally do not help alleviate congestion, and historically they have targeted lower-income communities for demolition. If the LOMEX plan is built underground, most of these issues would be solved. In the case of NYC and Downtown Manhattan, however, it is just impossible to build new tunnels in the maze of current underground infrastructure.

5 Likes

No, it’s not a great plan. Running a highway, expressway, whatever right through the heart of your city has never worked, and will never work. All it does is divide communities, increase congestion, and take up space.

These type of plans were popular in the 50s and 60s, alongside other bad urban practices in the US.

5 Likes

I don’t like how new buildings were planned to sandwich both Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge. Imagine seeing them driving into Manhattan

I think technically there’s a certain highway that runs through downtown Los Angeles, as well as another one for Boston.

I’ve also been through Atlanta’s downtown connector.

1 Like

It would give the expressway a hint of a stadium feel.

1 Like

Ah yes, forgot to mention that city as well. And maybe Philly?

I’m kinda curious how the LOMEX plan would look as of now