PHILADELPHIA | 33 North 22nd Street | 316 FT | 29 FLOORS

5 Likes

29 Floors would be a great height for a new tower here. I think that the parking podium is highly unnecessary though. 341 units is a good density. According to Jawnadelphia on SP, the tower will be al glass. Overall, a pretty project and would look good on the skyline. If everything that is proposed isn’t this area is built, than this will be a really different neighborhood than what it currently is. Also, this pretty exciting, despite COVID, Philly has seen three new towers proposed in the last couple of weeks.

4 Likes

^
Here’s what he said, “I had a little social media convo with someone regarding this proposal a few weeks back, they said they had already seen the design proposal (I think they must be a part of the LSNA). Anyway, they explained that the building would have retail spaces on 22nd Street–I guess built into the parking garage, and that on the JFK side the building’s entrances would come up/meet street level (which seemed ambitious to me). Also, they noted the tower would be all glass similar to PMC’s Riverwalk complex.”

I really hope this breaks 400 feet

4 Likes

Front and near center on the first photo, only made a block to show massing. But it is a pretty massive building, I made the model 400 feet tall but hopefully it’s taller

1 Like

Renderings for the project.
As far as parking podiums go, this isn’t a bad one

4 Likes

WOAH!! I like it!!!

2 Likes

https://www.phila.gov/media/20200728141823/2020-0721-33-N.-22nd-Street-CDR_reduced.pdf

1 Like

2 Likes

I wasn’t happy about the parking podium, but they appear to do a good job of disguising it. And the elevation on the north side of the property is several stories higher which also helps. All in all, it looks good.

3 Likes

Which property are you talking about? If you’re talking about The Murano that tower is to the south

1 Like

I meant that JFK Boulevard, on the north side of the proposal, is elevated by a few stories. So this has the effect of making some of the parking podium appear below grade (when viewed from that side) even though it is not below grade. To your point, one additional benefit of this proposal is that it blocks the view of the Murano parking garage from one side, too.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t doubt they would use the lot just north of 2222 Market for another new tower. This side of the city will be so different in 5-10 years

1 Like

Updated my model to show the updated design from September

1 Like

I forgot to post this…back in 2021.

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsprod/pub/lms/Default.aspx?PossePresentation=Public&PosseObjectId=277464028

Permits have been issued for this building, but will soon expire on May 22, 2024.

It is theorized that after PMC Property Group is done construction on 2301 JFK, they could start this. As that’s what happened when PMC built Riverwalk, now working on 2301 JFK

1 Like