PHILADELPHIA | 21M (2100 Market) | 350 FT | 23 FLOORS

Originally proposed in 2015, but according to a SSP user it has recently been revived

4 Likes

Go Philly!

4 Likes

Philly on its way up!

3 Likes

This building will rise in front of the smaller gray building on the bottom right corner

1 Like

“The tower planned by Brandywine, which has owned most of the block bounded by 21st and 22nd Street, between Market and Ludlow, since 2015, would comprise 553,000 square feet of offices, dwellings and retail, the company’s chief executive Jerry Sweeney said in an email this week.”

Seems like it will be shorter, yikes

1 Like

Source: http://investor.brandywinerealty.com/Cache/IRCache/e92927e1-814e-0009-11b5-433b7d3dd780.PDF?O=PDF&T=&Y=&D=&FID=e92927e1-814e-0009-11b5-433b7d3dd780&iid=103209

1 Like

What the tower could look like based off of that image above

2 Likes

I gotta be honest, I liked the old design of the building. Right now, I’m a little disappointed in Brandywine for changing the design of this project and for not moving along with Schuylkill Yards. It seems that they are for the most part ignoring their Philadelphia projects and only really caring about the Austin and DC ones.

2 Likes

Yea, I like the 2015 design too. But the new one doesn’t look so bad to me though it’s a very pixilated photo. I think they changed it to be up to date with the time period it’s going to be complete

2 Likes

Both designs are decent, but I also like the original one better. With Brandywine moving so cautiously on their Schuylkill Yards projects, I am afraid this one is a long ways off. They should sell the land to PMC or Southern Land, and then we will see some action!

1 Like

They said the new design was supposed to be revealed months ago. There was that one rendering in a PDF, so we could be getting some word on this soon

1 Like

Hopefully we see this design soon

Is this the corner where the Salvation Army store collapsed?

Yes, you can see the June 5th Memorial on the right

New renderings from Brandywine Realty Trust’s website. The project is now called 21M, looks to be around 350 feet tall.

From the site, "

Architect:
Erdy McHenry Architecture

21M is a ground-up mixed-use development designed for integrated work + life experiences. Situated on the vibrant Market Street west corridor and directly across the river from University City’s innovation hubs, 21M offers inspired indoor and outdoor workspace and leisure environments designed for productivity in both business and life."

4 Likes

@emarchitecture on Instagram

2 Likes
1 Like

Such an interesting program. I’ve never seen an inverted mixed-use; commercial on top of residential. Surprisingly, it works for this innovative mid-rise. :fire:

1 Like

Very interesting design, model in the works

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 3.05.08 PM__01 Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 3.03.43 PM__01

2 Likes