NEW YORK | World Trade Center District

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtL97WMjkMY/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=yift4dq4plv0

6 Likes

5 Likes

God I hope they don’t ever build that turd :poop:

3 Likes

one more tower to go…

A new day - WTC by peterpraum, on Flickr

9 Likes

I swear that was my exact thought only to scroll down and see your reply.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I’m a little frustrated by this. While this will be a beautiful tribute…the fact that the Memorial Leaders refused to bring the Sphere back to the main plaza…one of the most prominent survivors of 9/11 but they will build this? Pisses me off.

1 Like

Really? Another one? I get the place is a memorial but I believe everything they currently have is fine. No need to spend more money, save it for 2 World Trade

1 Like

Uh won’t tourists just climb all over these? Kinda confused on the concept.

1 Like

I think Liberty park is a fine place for the sphere to rest, however, if we are talking about missed opportunities, the fountain at the NW corner of 4WTC actually seems like a perfect place to put the sphere:

5 Likes

Oh yeah I totally agree Liberty Park is a fine spot for the sphere and it least it overlooks the memorial. That being said, they had every opportunity to bring it back to the original complex in someway and they failed miserably. I’m not sure how that was even a debate given the history of the piece. It looks awesome in that photo-shopped pic you posted. I would have loved it to be closest to its original spot by the museum pavilion, or even between 1 WTC and the PAC.

1 Like

Made this yesterday from Earthcam:

5 Likes

Clients/tenants at the WTC Complex thus far.

10 Likes

And that doesn’t even include all the small startups that took prebuilt spaces in 1 WTC! The Trade Center definitely made it’s comeback!

3 Likes

Today marks 26 years since the first attack on the World Trade Center. I remember it clear as day. I remember thinking how stupid those terrorists were to think they could bring our mighty towers down. Sadly we were all proven wrong 8 years later…R.I.P to the 6 lost souls that day. Forever memorialized at the new WTC and in our hearts forever.

7 Likes

Yes I already know this… February 26,1993 bombing under level garage between I see only Marriot Hotel smoking that Ryder truck explode time 12:18pm noon and It 6 killed and 1,000 hurts. You know I really don’t understand why terrorist always attacks 1993 and 2001 too? I mean is because terrorist don’t like towers or more people what is it? I need example. So I feel much hurt depression in my mind because I hate don’t like destroyed this towers that terrorist did it already.

1 Like

11 Likes

The original World Trade Center with the modern towers

7 Likes

I like the 5WTC placeholder and wouldn’t mind if it became the actual design. We don’t need anything crazy here and I think it reflects some of One WTC’s angles a bit. It also respects the spiral effect (if that is even still a thing) and pays deference to the memorial.

4 Likes

“Silverstein Properties and Moët Hennessy USA announced today that Moët Hennessy USA has signed a 15-year, 82,000-square-foot lease on the 35th and 36th floors of 7 World Trade Center”.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mo-t-hennessy-usa-move-173700421.html

5 Likes