NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

1 Like

NYC is incredibly smoky today. It is surreal. It smells like burning wood all over Brooklyn right now! Anyways. The sky is a hue I never seen before in all the years I’ve lived here!

6 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s a picture I took yesterday… Was hard to get the real coloring but this is the closest I got … Yeah, it was actually that yellow…

6 Likes

^ It’s just the beginning of the Canadian wild fire season too

1 Like

The smoke will be back but probably not as severe, and coming from the Western half of the continent.This was a perfect storm between the proximity of the Ontario Province fires and the weather pattern comparable to a Nor’Easter blowing the smoke back in this direction rather than drifting out to sea.

1 Like

2023 Subway Series Game 1:

NYY: 7 NYM: 6. Quite the thriller with no shortage of drama.

1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Not sure is this is the place for this video but it pretty good. Would love to see lower Manhattan take all this young urbanist interest to heart.

say bye bye to brownies

6 Likes

Spending money repairing all the outmoded & undersized public housing the city has never made much sense, especially when you see stories about lead paint, broken elevators, clogged plumbing, leaks and mold all the time.

Hopefully the new buildings will also remove the economic segregation that allowed these buildings to deteriorate in the first place. Its always easiest to marginalize and ignore the economically disenfranchised folks who don’t have the luxury of time to advocate for themselves.

2 Likes

It would be an awesome plan but Gale Brewer will probably sue and stop it like she did the last time they tried this.

Not necessarily about NYC but still an interesting read regarding the housing market.

3 Likes

maybe cause construction materials prices rapidly falling down - for example lumber

2 Likes

NYC rent increase approved for rent-stabilized apartments

Jun 22, 2023

Millions of New Yorkers living in rent stabilized apartments will have to dish out more money each month after the Rent Guidelines Board pushed through controversial increases in a 5-4 vote. FOX 5 NY’s Briella Tomassetti has the story.

1 Like

Congestion Pricing gets final approval. It’s about time they finally approve it.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-06-26/nyc-congestion-pricing-first-of-its-kind-gets-final-approval