NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

This is pretty good and interesting. :+1:

1 Like
4 Likes

🅗🅞🅤🅢🅘🅝🅖 🅝🅘🅧🅔🅓❗

I’m not sure when today, but One Vanderbilt’s crown lighting but for the spire beacon light will be turned off momentarily in the evening hours to pay tribute to Eugene Kohn, in which it will then flash red white and blue to remember his years of service in the military, requests made by Marc Holliday in remembering a work partner and friend.

6 Likes

Terrible news. It seems like her whole budget is going up in flames. No charter schools, no judges, no housing. I wonder if she’ll win anything at all.

They did the same with Mellon Bank Center in Philly, the crown lighting was turned off.

Two days after

2 Likes

According to multiple reports as well as insiders with whom we have spoken, it appears that the proposal to lift the cap on the allowable size of residential development in NYC is no longer under consideration as part of the still-overdue state budget being negotiated. Of course nothing is truly over until it’s over, but virtually everyone expects that this item will not make it into the final budget agreement, whenever that is reached.**

This article is laughable

1 Like
1 Like

Why do you think they forgot to mention the Lord and Taylor site on Fifth Avenue?

1 Like

Interesting article. It was also nice to see YIMBY got ‘honorable mention’.

Quote from the New York Post -
The development-and-architecture site YIMBY all but pronounced the museum site dead in December 2022, citing an apparent construction lull.

This forum is quite popular… :star_struck:

1 Like
3 Likes

Don’t really know where to put these but the area by 207th and 9th ave is getting a lot of development.

1 Like

I think this might be this project here:

Tiffany Caban, Chi Osse, Sandy Nurse, and Shahana Hanif storming the stage at the Rent Guidelines Board last night. Click on the twitter link to see the rest of the videos.

1 Like

The return of an icon.

I miss Caldor and Syms!

6 Likes

Hopefully this deals with the MTA’s funding shortfall. However the MTA must not rest on this. Use the money to reinvest in the system, get more people riding. And for god sakes do things more efficiently please.

1 Like