NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

I wish I could keep more of a pulse on development and news elsewhere but I’m having trouble finding current sources (at least reliable ones).

Actual news eta “spring”

1 Like

yikes, another nasty, fiery incident in The Bronx

1 Like

New plans announced for Park Avenue traffic median redesign | 6sqft

NYC pledges to make 1,000 intersections safer for pedestrians | 6sqft

New York’s first-ever Lenape-curated exhibition to open at the Brooklyn Public Library in Greenpoint | 6sqft

NYC puts retired Staten Island Ferry boat up for auction | 6sqft

Cap on New York City Building Size Targeted by Governor (therealdeal.com)
^yet again would be massive for the city if this passed.

1 Like

^sponsored

1 Like

Edit:

1 Like

Meteorologists are keeping a close eye on this weekend for what could be the big snowstorm of the year. But it could be a flop.

1 Like
4 Likes

Glad they’re fixing the sidewalks, in their current state they are truly dumpy and really take away from the rest of the building.

(image from google maps)

4 Likes

Largest Real Estate Loans Topped $2.5B in December (therealdeal.com)

Acier Holdings Scores $90M For Newark High-Rise Dev (therealdeal.com)

A Fast-Moving Winter Storm Is Bearing Down On The New York City Region - Gothamist

NYC To Send COVID Test Kits Home With Every K-12 Student Ahead Of Midwinter Break In February - Gothamist

Greenpoint Residents, Local Leaders Call On Gov. Hochul To Reject Natural Gas Permit - Gothamist

Governor Hochul Directs Flags to Half-Staff to Honor Fallen NYPD Officers Rivera and Mora

Governor Hochul Urges New York to Prepare for Snow and High Winds Expected in Downstate This Weekend (ny.gov)

Governor Hochul Announces New York State Requests $1.6 Billion in Additional Federal Funding for Emergency Rental Assistance (ny.gov)

Governor Hochul and County Executive Bellone Announce Groundbreaking of $224 Million Forge River Wastewater Treatment Plant to Expand Access to Sewer Systems in Suffolk County (ny.gov)

Governor Hochul, Port Authority and LaGuardia Gateway Partners Announce Completion of Construction for New Terminal Facilities at LaGuardia Airport’s World-Class Terminal B (ny.gov)

2 Likes

such an odd variance between forecasts. Who knows what to expect. Although the Blizzard warning for the Jersey Coastline means we should be wary, if the Center of low pressure wobbles westward at all it could mean a foot plus and high winds. GFS is really lowballing this storm, they could look foolish if things aren’t like they forecast.

You have two different models of forecasting things; the european model and the american model. That’s why.

There are many different forecasting models, those are just the two most cited. A general consensus is usually come across as the most likely forecast but for this storm there seems to be too much uncertainty among all the parties. My local forecast was just upped to 6-10 inches, and the city is much closer to the center of low pressure, so I expect it to be at least 8-12 in the city.

New York requests additional $1.6B in federal rent assistance | 6sqft

17 places to celebrate Lunar New Year 2022 in NYC | 6sqft

East End Capital Acquires Sunnyside Industrial Property (therealdeal.com)

Regal, Madison Int’l Realty Split on Brooklyn Theater Closure (therealdeal.com)

Ex-NYPD Dermot Shea’s Next Post: Related Property Management (therealdeal.com)

Even in its current run-down state it doesn’t look 70 years old. And how cool is it that SOM is still around to renovate their own building seven decades after completion.

1 Like
1 Like

From mrnyc:

mta gears up for massive expansion.

MTA vows massive expansion of transit in NYC come 2030, largest transportation boost in decades

By CLAYTON GUSE
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
JAN 30, 2022 AT 5:02 PM

The year is 2030.

The long-awaited expansion of the Second Ave. subway into East Harlem is complete, filling in Manhattan’s largest transit desert.

Residents of Co-op City in the Bronx can get to Penn Station via a Metro-North train in 30 minutes.

And Gov. Hochul’s proposed Interborough Express hums along from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, to Jackson Heights, Queens, slashing travel times for tens of thousands.

Concept artwork showing a street-level view of a possible Wilson Avenue LRT Station in one option for Gov. Hochul’s proposed Interborough Express, from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn to Jackson Heights, Queens.

That’s the vision Metropolitan Transportation Authority officials say will be a reality in eight years. It would mark the largest expansion of mass transit in New York City since the first half of the 20th century, improving commutes for tens of thousands of residents.

more:
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york…zqy-story.html

Concept artwork showing a street-level view of a possible Wilson Avenue LRT Station in one option for Gov. Hochul’s proposed Interborough Express, from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn to Jackson Heights, Queens. (MTA)

To get an idea from Busy Bee, I wonder if they’ll ever implement the IND Second System, now that would be massive.

Biden to meet with Adams…or the sequel to one of my favorite films: “Dumb & Dumber”… :rofl: