NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

A rezoning could look something like this… basically completing the East to west Manhattan skyline finally.

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXhZQFqOS6k/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXXR6qYMHSQ/
Looks like there changing up the Roosevelt Island lighthouse

1 Like
1 Like
6 Likes

NYC Ferry continues expansion with new Bronx stop in Throgs Neck | 6sqft

2 Likes

This is the waterfront project.

5 Likes

With what is going on in Antarctica, as well as the rest of the world, they better hurry up but I am afraid it is to little and to late.

2 Likes

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/as-river-ring-gets-city-approval-see-brooklyn039s-25-tallest-buildings-finished-proposed/53966

4 Likes

Snøhetta completes two more buildings on New York’s Cornell Tech Campus (archpaper.com)
New York begins demolition of East River Park for new concrete storm barriers (archpaper.com)
Prologis Buys Maspeth Warehouse (therealdeal.com)
Serhant Taking Over Sales at The Westly at 251 West 91st Street (therealdeal.com)
Brooklyn’s Top Retail Leases of 2021 Led by Target - The Real Deal
New Firm 6R Capital Realty Drops $36M on Tribeca Multifamily (therealdeal.com)
Manhattan housing market makes record rebound to close out 2021 | 6sqft
See NYC’s sweeping master plan that promises climate resilience for Lower Manhattan | 6sqft
Mulchfest is back: Here’s how to recycle your Christmas tree in NYC | 6sqft
NYC unveils plan for 100% affordable homeownership development in Bed-Stuy | 6sqft

I don’t know why the images won’t show up but whatever.

1 Like

New York 2020s = New York 1970s, only this time, people willingly voted for it. Looking forward to the next Bernie Goetz.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I do think it is good to face these ‘unpleasant truths’ (red pilled) rather than fooling ourselves about the current state of affairs in NYC. I moved to Manhattan in the 80s - and the streets are looking more and more like the ‘bad old days’ of the 70s. I mostly look only at beautiful architecture, read great literature, seek and fine entertainment and art, talk to positive people and selectively ignore all the ugliness in life.

I do appreciate getting a ‘wake-up call’ now and then - so thanks for that post.

PS. The new DA is getting big donations from Soros - he is pretty much bought and paid for by the world most vile man in modern day politics. What is the agenda - to much to go into here for sure. :wink:

1 Like

This will be big if it goes through^
Governor Hochul Announces Sweeping Plans to Address Housing Affordability Crisis in New York State (ny.gov)
Governor Hochul Announces New $1 Billion ‘ConnectALL’ Initiative to Bring Affordable Broadband to Millions of New Yorkers (ny.gov)
Governor Hochul Announces Nation-Leading $500 Million Investment in Offshore Wind (ny.gov)
Governor Hochul Announces Plan to Achieve 2 Million Climate-Friendly Homes by 2030 (ny.gov)
NYC’s Waterfront Plan Maps Out Next Decade for City’s Coastlines (citylimits.org)

1 Like

Thanks. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not even a big law-and-order type, but there’s a line that needs to be drawn between legitimate criminal justice reform and utter disregard for the decline in quality-of-life that will result from overreaches like this. From what I understand, under the DA’s new guidelines, you could rob someone at gunpoint and not receive a mandatory jail sentence because the crime did not result in “serious physical injury” (Bragg’s words). Ridiculous!

3 Likes

Funny thing is the new mayor was supposed to be a “law-and-order type” as an x cop who would reign in on the lawlessness currently taking place in NYC - then we this nonsense appointment of a new DA.

1 Like

If you lived in NYC in the 1970s and 1980s you’d know how inane and hyperbolic these comparisons are.

3 Likes