NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

Just wanted to share this, it’s a great website and It shows the neighborhoods of where flooding is the greatest. I found this while looking at another website and about redlining. If you don’t know what redline is I strongly encourage you to look it up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Robert AM Stern designing more affordable housing in the Bronx:

5 Likes

I have a question about MetLife North.
If a developer or owner of the tower really wanted to, could it be possible to build the rest of the tower to it’s original planned height?

2 Likes

$107M Living Breakwater Project Commenced on Staten Island:

6 Likes
2 Likes

Nice, I always love seeing these types of improvements.

Hopefully this is the right place to post, let me know if not. But during the winter my job will be closed so I’ll have some free time on my hands, and I’m thinking about taking a trip to the city. Last time I was there was back in 2012 so I wanted to get back. This would be the first time going alone and the first time I’d have to worry about logistics as I was 15 back then.

So basically I’m wondering if you guys had any tips for me about visiting. Right now my main concern is whether it would be better to stay in the city or out in the boroughs and take a train in. But then would I have to worry about being alone if I came back later in the evening if I was taking the trains? Just whatever you guys think would be helpful.

As long as you can afford it definitely stay in Manhattan. You will regret it if you don’t. Schlepping out to Brooklyn or Queens is not worth it. Soooo much to do in Manhattan at all times of the day and night. Take the subway to the battery and just start walking north. So much fun, so much to take in. Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Ok, will keep that in mind thanks. Definitely want to stop by the WTC and Hudson Yards. Would of loved to have gone up on the vessel. Probably hit Central Park, maybe Statue of Liberty and Ellis island

1 Like

Yup, hit up all the big spots but don’t be afraid to go off the beaten path either if you find it in your time and/or budget. Lots of things to do in NYC

Ellis island is absolutely worth it if you have the time. Fun boat ride with a view and an incredible part of the nation’s history. They used to have a tour of the abandoned quarantine ward but who knows if that is going on still.

1 Like

Where would one post about the Highline? Anybody here know?

I think they would post here:

1 Like

Okay, thank you

End of an era

1 Like
5 Likes

Pretty sure they could have used a helicopter to intercept a Cessna lmao

2 Likes

“Cessna 182 top speed : 168 mph”
“Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk top speed : 222 mph”
Yeah, a bit overkill with the F-16 but I guess they’re not taking any chances.

SBA boss, noted bigot and Q Anon mug owner resigns

4 Likes
1 Like