NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

Jesus are officers equipped with N95’s?

1 Like

nope, most are bare-mouthed and the ones who do have masks bring them from home I think. I am hoping the many who have caught the virus recover well, and can rejoin the force even safer than before

3 Likes

Today’s press conference. On a side note, he got a haircut.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem fair for him to get a haircut when he made it impossible for the rest of us to…

4 Likes
3 Likes

Good new article on the revival of Art Deco, which reminds me of all the new limestone buildings that have been going up lately

2 Likes

You’re not on TV.

2 Likes

But shouldn’t they stay home too? They got everyone freaking out might as well join in

1 Like

“They’ve got everyone freaking out”

Have you not see the numbers in NY? It’s one of the epicenters for a global pandemic right now.

People should be freaking out because there are plenty of dumb people STILL doing things like going on spring break, getting infected and spreading the virus. People should be freaking out because humans are incompetent, selfish, rude, and act like toddlers throwing a fit when they’re told what to do.

5 Likes

um, also they shut down the whole economy and rent was due April 1st :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Humans have become way more stupid over time, I consider this a favor

3 Likes

I still don’t think that’s a necessary reason

1 Like

Nobody should be freaking out. Panic is never a good reaction.
There are some people acting stupid but the hugely vast majority of new yorkers are compliant. Its not like a few dozen people playing basketball or taking a trip is going to undo social distancing for everyone. Most people are at home. Also worth noting that the rate of daily new infections hasn’t grown for two weeks in NYC, even with the effects of the business lockdown not fully kicked in yet.

I fear for other parts of the world and the US but I think New York is in a strong position.

1 Like

People should be far more afraid than they are. That’s my point.

I personally know people that are throwing quarantine barbecues

2 Likes

I like how you use “humans”.

Ah… thats what I like. Viewing the worlds problems, from the 3rd person. Once you take the ego out of the equation, and you view Earths problems from the perspective of neutrality, with no bias involved, you start to see the issues at hand and the real problems that are not CLOUDED by ones own bias.

Bravo Thomas! :beers:

2 Likes

I think we can all agree that we all need to do whats right to limit the spread, and to look after one another.

There will always be people that will go against what is right, but we have to be the better people and help fix the problem, not regress it. But yes @robermat , there are folks that do throw parties, and its sad. But such is life. I’ve learned that if we stress about every little thing, it does the body and mind no good. Such is life.

3 Likes

Today’s Press conference:

1 Like

NJ conference (Today):

2 Likes

It’s great to see more discharges than intakes the past couple days. At best, it is proof we have flattened the curve, but at worst it is still relief for the busy hospitals.

3 Likes

500 more people discharged than taken to the hospital yesterday. (Making it four days in a row of net less patients) Cuomo now says apex within a week. With all luck NY should be back in business very soon— construction may not be suspended that much longer

3 Likes