NEW YORK | The Spiral (66 Hudson Blvd) | 1,040 FT | 66 FLOORS

Yeah, that was the iteration before the whole building was just flipped around, I don’t know why it was flipped around though (and everything kept the same) because your point is valid about the interaction on the front entrance. But the terraces on the podium are also no longer deep bays, only surface balconies that are barely inset from the street wall. There won’t be trees on them anymore, but there may still be vines on the railings.

1 Like

This is a really beautiful building.

Exciting times ahead! :smiley:

Replica Buildings makes fantastic models, definitely worth it. And for this tower, I’m loving it a lot! The spiral effect and the vegetation is what sells me, along with the lighting at night

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%. 66 Hudson Blvd has a classic charm all its own.

3 Likes

Usually I’d agree, I just ordered my 15th model. I know some previous models have had design errors in the past, but on this one they missed the whole top middle spiral. It just bugs my OCD too much lol. I reached out to them about it and they said that if they make a mold in a larger scale or reissue it in the future that they’d fix it though. Here’s hoping they do! I’d love to add this building to my collection

3 Likes

I don’t understand what is missing from the pewter model. Mine has 3 spirals circling the tower, just like the renderings and the photos I have seen.
David

Never mind. I see what you are saying. The balconies are there, but the recessed condition at the balconies is missing from one side.
David

2 Likes

„ Hanging gardens for a greener skyline“

Link in German We build New York - HOCHTIEF.

2 Likes

According to the latest Earth-Cam pic, it looks like the elevator is coming down.

16 Likes

A year ago when I last visited NY, I stayed at the Sheraton Lincoln from nearly that exact viewpoint and got to see Hudson Yards for the 4 days I was out there in incredible detail! Taking a ferry each day to and from was a treat in itself! I hope to go back in the coming weeks :grin:

12 Likes

Per NYguy:

NOVEMBER 18, 2022

16 Likes

These buildings are so massive, the scale up close is insane. And ofc larger in person than in a picture.

1 Like

This supertall is a B E A S T!

9 Likes

Not impressed with the lighting scheme on this one, even though it’s not fully complete/turned on. The office lighting will completely clash with the spiral lighting and the effect will be lost.

I’ve seen this one in person from the ESB and whatever ‘spiral’ lights get completely washed out due to the office lighting. It’s incredibly disappointing. The design of the building itself is nothing really praiseworthy either. It’s pretty boring.

4 Likes

That’s disappointing. Same thing happened with 3 wtc

1 Like

The spiraling lights should be a color, blue or maybe red or purple to set them off from the office lights.

2 Likes

It would be better if the lights were colored and changed

2 Likes