NEW YORK | The Brooklyn Tower (9 DeKalb Ave) | 1,073 FT | 74 FLOORS

Haha I mean I like both aspects of this building’s profile. I appreciate its beauty when it reflects sunlight but also love its brooding personality. I see the Barad-dûr references and to me I see this monolith of power in its form, something befitting Brooklyn/Kings County. Something captivating about it, just like the One Ring.

3 Likes

Right, but it this building has twin personalities. Most people consign it solely to an almost monomaniacal brooding tower of evil, which it is not.

2 Likes

POSTING THIS ON YIMBY ONLY - DO NOT REPOST ELSEWHERE

24 Likes

:raised_hands: Channeling a bit of Hopper with this one

7 Likes

He’s the best. That show at the Whitney last year was great. His notebooks & sketches were surprisingly extensive

3 Likes

Yes I saw things there that I had not even seen in books.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8pQFyXOI2b/

19 Likes

Good news?

19 Likes

Great news!

2 Likes

Yes. He runs a tight ship.

2 Likes

From July 5

22 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9nHPjNJm0H/?img_index=3

24 Likes

The lighting looks great!

6 Likes

Ultra Gotham.

3 Likes

Nathan - (the instagram posted above by Mackensen) got one of the best Brooklyn Tower photos I have seen thus far: that NIGHT shot is AMAZING… :star_struck:

1 Like

I am still a bit surprised about the foreclosure news on what is truly an ICONIC work of Architecture.

The following headlines are just a few of many I have seen regarding recent developments at the Brooklyn Tower project: The “Evil Tower” is in Foreclosure. The “Tower of Sauron” can’t pay its debt.

Permit me this sarcastic musical tribute to all the doomsayers: great lyrics, fantastic video - great song.
It’s the end of the world As We Know It (And I feel fine)

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how pretty a building is. If it gets built at the wrong time in an economic cycle, this can happen.

3 Likes

So true my friend…

Fun fact -

Many years ago I worked at a small Architectural Firm in Soho. The guy who sat at the drafting table next to me often played that 'end of the world’ song by REM - I could hear the faint lyrics emanating from his ear buds… :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

This is another of his favorites that I heard most often-

You know where that guy is today? Let’s just say he is the P in ShoP…. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Taken on 7/1/24

14 Likes

12 Likes