NEW YORK | The Brooklyn Tower (9 DeKalb Ave) | 1,073 FT | 74 FLOORS

21 Likes

Been out of town for a couple of weeks. I see that the BMU has been installed. Someone please assure me that this is not the folded resting position of the cleaning unit because otherwise that would be a major downer.

15 Likes

Lol, the BMU was installed some time last year, :sweat_smile: but don’t worry, it is in it’s high position, but it is still generally visible in it’s low not in use position.

4 Likes

hahahaha ok. Well that’s a relief. I guess this jet lag/covid combo is really taking its toll on me.

3 Likes

this looked better in renders, and the crown is just underwhelming

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrSh88LOAZK/

22 Likes

17 Likes

At least half the photos I took today were out of focus so something appears wrong w/my trusty little Fuji X-Pro, I’m sad to report.

24 Likes

17 Likes

That floor will date quickly.

1 Like

Quote - That floor will date quickly.

That apparently was the intention of the designer; but you are correct in the sense that the design is “dated”. This floor design is based on the original flooring of the bank building: so that is definitely “dated”. :star_struck:

I like the look in general; nice blending of traditional & modern design elements. The subtle reference to the original bank building is a clever unifying motif that is working well here in the lobby design.

The designers took a safe, practical and attractive design approach that has turned out quite nicely. Well done…

Quote from the above Dezeen article -
Both entrances have oak panelling and cream-coloured hexagonal flooring that was based on the original flooring for the bank.

1 Like

Credit: Gary Hershorn

22 Likes

18 Likes

Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m starting to think they should have gone with a lighter color glass – more contrast would highlight the architectural detail better, this brown glass is looking a bit 80s to me. Still gorgeous overall.

21 Likes

I love love love everything about this building.

7 Likes

All we need is one signature, supertall in Long Island City, and we’ll be good! And maybe six more of these in downtown Brooklyn.

9 Likes

Don’t forget a signature supertall in Staten Island :rofl:

They deserve some fun too

4 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes