NEW YORK | The Brook - 589 Fulton Street | 601 FT | 52 FLOORS

From the other side:

21 Likes

17 Likes

I love that facade. Very beautiful!

4 Likes

Yes, it is a nicely designed facade: rates a solid ‘better’ on my good/better/best rating scale of architectural aesthetics. It also rates only ‘better’ in terms of the ‘quality’ of materials/components.

I dare say, the Brook is a cut above ‘generic’ - but not by much. :thinking: This is not quite capital A architecture.

Compare these photos on this thread with the facade of 520 5th: which rates ‘best’ IMHO.

Now THIS is architecture with a capital A…

5 Likes

I agree infoshare. The Brook is ok but certainly not great. The overall impact is a bit boring though above average. 520 Fifth is great. The shapes, textures, and palette make the place pop. You need to stop and take a look when you walk by. The Brook tells me I’m here just enough to make me say hi and nothing more.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/C38GLFCO9ZD/

12 Likes

I love posting about the Brook because it usually means an opportunity to include shots of Brooklyn Tower.

18 Likes

Those clouds are incredible.

2 Likes

Funny, I was there for a good half hour snapping away and the clouds were just not that interesting. I was riding away when I saw that one cloud there and had to turn back around. I tried getting a better angle so that they would appear more directly over BT but inside of 2 minutes the cloud soufflé had collapsed.

3 Likes

24 Likes

22 Likes

17 Likes

18 Likes

^ Very noire. :+1:

2 Likes

17 Likes

17 Likes

25 Likes

Urbanity at its best. :+1:

3 Likes

I hope the revamp the plaza in front of LIU College - is a great spot to see all these giants rise.

6 Likes

the setbacks

21 Likes