NEW YORK | The Bellemont (1165 Madison Ave) | 210 Ft | 13 Fl

2 Likes

Credit: ArchitetureRevival

9 Likes

This building is gorgeous.

2 Likes

So goodlooking!

2 Likes

I agree, and I assume that you’re alluding to….

If so, well played!

1 Like

Yes, I agree. RAMSA is certainly doing its part to beautify the city.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The scale is lavish:

https://www.instagram.com/titanium_cs/

6 Likes

Very beautiful!

1 Like

Seeing stuff like this makes you wonder why we don’t just make this the gold standard and tell developers “build stuff like this”

1 Like

Because this is one of the most expensive residential buildings on the planet. One of the units sold for $67 million. It sits on Madison Ave., the most desirable retail corridor on earth. The architect is the most famous residential architect since Candela. Obviously this isn’t mass-replicable for middle-income housing.

5 Likes

Because 1. The idea is to create as much housing as possible, and forcing people to use one style with one significant material choice would not be conductive to that.
And 2. It would be exorbitantly expensive for most developers
And 3. Uhh no thank you. I’d rather developers weren’t forced into one style choice. It’s just like when trump tried to force all new buildings in the capital to be classical style. It doesn’t matter if it’s a good style, it’s just a dumb idea

2 Likes

Given my druthers I’d prefer to have dozens of middle class families be able to live in relative dignity, comfort, and cleanliness in bland housing than one of these beautiful Sterns that have maybe a dozen baronial apartments. But it doesn’t have to be a choice.

This style works stylistically and economically for the Upper East Side and both types of housing should exist in a city. A mandated style often leads to mediocrity, just in a consistent style. What matters is that there should exist a demand/appreciation for high quality traditional architects and architecture, which emanates from an individual level, not from the top down.

https://www.instagram.com/titanium_cs/

9 Likes

I thank you for this reply. I didn’t have the druthers to get into it.

3 Likes

This building is gorgeous.

I’d like to see Naftali do many more. This vile corner on 78th is Madison’s Achilles Heel. I’d love to see a Naftali/Stern collaboration here.

2 Likes

The double gable yellow building is so weird.

2 Likes

I agree. That is a vile corner amidst an epicurean sea of stunning buildings.

1 Like

nice photos but wrong thread dude

1 Like

You’re right. I’m brain dead; I walked like 15-20 miles yesterday. This should’ve been posted to 760 Madison Ave. Its a CookFox design not Stern. Sorry guys

3 Likes