NEW YORK | River Ring (105 River Street) | 710 + 560 FT | FLOORS

This looks amazing!

11 Likes

I like the ambition but the plan seems stupid-elaborate. These parks should be connected as directly as possible to create a larger promenade along the East River. This circular scheme interjects that by making it a less direct route.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I feel like that’s a pretty silly thing to complain about. It’s an oval so there are two paths to take, one over the water the other relatively close to the coastline.

4 Likes

Looks great! Way better looking than XI. I hope they build it.

2 Likes

I like this a lot!

2 Likes

Edited title to include the other tower height. Williamsburg had Christmas early.

Hopefully Santa comes for the other boroughs. He sometimes gets lost at Atlantis over in Jamaica Queens (Woodhaven) after a hard days work, so gotta be patient.

1 Like

Since these appear to be rental towers, I assume that they’re definitely getting built.

1 Like

11 Likes

That little walkway that juts into the river is fantastic!

1 Like

You guys do realize this is far from being certain, least of which is that it has to go through the dreaded ULURP and NIMBYs have already come out against it?

1 Like

That sucks Boris Johnson and Dick Cheney too.

2 Likes

It has a large amount of affordable housing l, I doubt they will have problems pushing this through ULURP. City council approved 247 cherry street because of its affordable housing

3 Likes

The below market housing will keep the towers from being a nonstarter. It’s possible they might have the height chopped, which is why they’re probably proposing such tall buildings for Williamsburg, 100’ taller than even the Domino Redevelopment. I expect the towers will be the in the 400-550’ range when all is said and done with ULURP. Hopefully the esplanade will soar through.

1 Like

ULURP is advisory and borough president as well. City Planning/Commission is the end goal and I think if this retains a strong affordable component, and possibly (always a perk) some developer initiative to aid the surroundings, it’ll go through as planned. In other words, ULURP is not the gate keeper, but just a mere “recommendation”.

Even if a negative mark is given on this project, what city planning/commission does with it is what really counts and if its a good addition for the city, they love that extra tax money and affordable units.

Given the phases of Domino Sugar nearby. I don’t think this will have an issue in its magnitude. The developer seems to have learned from others in that affordable housing wins hearts. And parks, thats a biggie. Waterfront improvements, and all of that rubbish.

1 Like

from New York Yimby

9 Likes

This is going to look great once completed.

3 Likes

While the spirit of the project remains the same, the towers have shifted notably in height since their 2019 announcement; one from 650 feet to 710 feet, and the other from 600 feet to 560 feet. The exterior treatment has also changed. The facades now appear to be a mix of glass, steel and concrete versus a combo of glass and a terracotta-colored cladding.

7 Likes

Glad we’re getting a 700 footer right on the water in Williamsburg, but I liked the older dark color scheme much better.

8 Likes

New official webisite
River Ring Waterfront Masterplan

2 Likes