NEW YORK | Penn Station Expansion/Improvements

I don’t think this state plan is the way to do it though. State is trying to annex this space from NYC jurisdiction when there is no reason why the city can not deal with this development as it has successfully done with several others. NYS’ partnership with vornado makes me even more skeptical as their properties are second-rate and usually renovated, they do not specialize in new development.

5 Likes

I feel like with Manhattan West, Hudson Yards and increase in development that this is the last thing they should be doing. Instead of using the land for more towers, they really should be focus on Penn station itself. I dreamed of msg and 2 Penn demolished, rebuilt with a new state of the art station and then use the rest of the space for two towers on one side, unfortunately that’s just a dream.

4 Likes

On the contrary, I support the state’s involvement because the city is far more likely to acquiesce to the demands of NIMBYs, “community boards”, and “community groups”.

7 Likes

How do you expect them to pay for improvements to Penn Station without revenue from the towers?

4 Likes

Sorry for the late response been dealing with a death and health issues. I believe in my own opinion that there’s ways to help cost for a new Penn station. This idea I feel like would cause more of a burden later on in the area. I would like to see the all renderings for the complex like the interior and the towers itself before I make a final decision

3 Likes

I hope you’re ok, amigo.

2 Likes

I’m alright, I have this condition that’s affecting my heart, hopefully I’ll finally get surgery next month. Thanks amigo🙏

9 Likes

Good luck, sir!

1 Like

Steps off Seventh Avenue, the arcade of shops once again brings essential retail to Penn Station.

Who needs light and air? We do! ReThinking Penn Station’s original carriageways, at 31st and 33rd streets, creates an open arcade with integrated pedestrian ramps (below) to solve Penn Station’s circulation issues.

9 Likes

What is this project?

2 Likes

Probably part of 2 Penn Plaza redevelopment?

It’s a proposal for a rebuild of the original Penn Station that would also expand and build on it to solve current problems in the station. Would be really cool!

1 Like

Except it requires relocating MSG which at this point is not gonna happen

1 Like
1 Like

Wow! That’s amazing!

2 Likes

New York approved a budget that specifically blocks funding to the empire station development’s planned office towers. This is bad news.

“Language in the budget bill set for approval Tuesday authorizes a $1.3 billion loan to fund Cuomo’s “Empire State Complex” revamp of the railway hub — but explicitly restricts use of the money to transportation.

Instead of being spent on land for new office towers, the money “shall only be used in furtherance of [expanding Penn Station] or other transportation improvement projects and not for above-grade development,” according to the bill.”

Hmmmm…
Can’t wait for roberts response :rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve lost all hope for Penn.

1 Like

There’s a giant, MSG sized elephant in the room in all those pretty renders. All those new residential buildings to help pay for improvements won’t do anything to remove MSG. These renders prove it.

10 Likes

MSG was never going to leave that spot. The area is too valuable for them.

1 Like