NEW YORK | Penn 15 (401 7th Ave) | 1,200 FT | 61 FLOORS

This is my third least favorite project or potential project in New York.

1 Like

The marquee and front colonade were supposed to be the first things to be removed per work permits filed last year. If they were trying to preserve them it wouldnā€™t make sense to wait until after demolition where they could possibly get damaged, so things must have changed if they havenā€™t taken them off yet.

This thing is gonna be massive. Do we know what the sqft is on this? I just want to compare to other large project going up rn.

As of the latest iteration/update, itā€™s zoned for approximately 2.1 million sqft.

5 Likes

Iā€™d rather to stay with the ā€œvintageā€ building , butā€¦ business are business

1 Like

Just wanted to give everyone an update on this project. Demo is in full swing and should be done in the summer of 23ā€™. I know everyone has opinions regarding this project, but this tower will have very top of the line materials. Just look at 2 penn. In my opinion the only thing I liked about hotel penn were the columns in the front, everything else can go. Off topic but Iā€™m glad Roosevelt hotel isnā€™t getting demolished anytime soon because that building is a beauty.

15 Likes

Thanks for your great posts.

Do you have any info about:

1. 175 Park;
  2. 270 Parkā€™s water features; or
  3. 350 Park?

I totally agree re: The Roosevelt. I hope that it gets landmarked.

3 Likes

I would like to know about 2 WTC, as well!

2 Likes

But will the new building go up right after demo is completeā€¦ or will related have to wait for a anchor tenant beforehand? Iā€™m obviously hoping for the former.

My concern is that weā€™ll have an empty pit for years before like so many sites around the city (including Relatedā€™s site nearby at the corner of 34th and 8th).

2 Likes

Vornado*

I donā€™t think that information has been released, but I believe they plan to build it on spec, which is what the current design is.

3 Likes

I think that youā€™re correct, and I believe that theyā€™re building it in large part with the colossal profits they made from 220 CPS.

1 Like
  1. I would say 175 park ave demolition should start sometime mid-late 23ā€™.
  2. Madsion ave side will have a water feature, I would say it could be a waterfall feature because the diagrams show two on each side of the wall.
  3. I havenā€™t really heard anything about 350 parks so far, I would say itā€™s probably getting closer to reality, especially since companies want more/ large space and ventilation. Prime spot as well.

@lowkeylion
For 2 WTC, I heard it might be getting closer to getting built especially with leasing activity happening at the World Trade Center recently. It will get built sooner rather than later especially with Larry getting up there in age, he probably wants to see the complex completed.

9 Likes

Thanks, BigApplw.

11 Likes

8 Likes

Sad to see it go while that dumpster fire one block up still stands!

2 Likes

I totally agree!

Steve Roth must be crazier than I thought if he thinks that Blackstone or Morgan Stanley would want their HQ in this cesspool.

He should clean up the adjacent block, among others, before hoping to lure a trophy tenant.

2 Likes

Well thereā€™s no need to really worry about the block north of PENN 15 as Vornado owns the majority development site of that block. He owns sites 4,5,6, and 7, 4 & 5 which are the sites to the west and east of PENN 1, 6 (north of PENN 15) and 7 which is PENN 15.

3 Likes

I know that. He doesnā€™t own the heinous corner building with the Sabarro though. He needs to get it. He should build a hotel and apartments on that site to start cleaning up this cesspool.

1 Like